I Ordered Showtime, Why Do I Have Starz?
sthomas26
I had just the FIOS Extreme HD package i believe a few hours ago. I ordered Showtime just now because I want to be able to watch Dexter, and it gave me a prompt confirming the extra 15.99 a month i believe. My understanding is that this essentially upgrades me from Extreme HD to Ultimate HD packaging. Now I am also getting Stars programming... I'm also getting Encore and TMC, but I'm not sure what package those are a part of. I just don't want to be getting charge for something I don't need.
0 Likes
Re: I Ordered Showtime, Why Do I Have Starz?
prisaz
Legend

@sthomas26 wrote:
I had just the FIOS Extreme HD package i believe a few hours ago. I ordered Showtime just now because I want to be able to watch Dexter, and it gave me a prompt confirming the extra 15.99 a month i believe. My understanding is that this essentially upgrades me from Extreme HD to Ultimate HD packaging. Now I am also getting Stars programming... I'm also getting Encore and TMC, but I'm not sure what package those are a part of. I just don't want to be getting charge for something I don't need.

Contact billing and be sure you have upgraded to the Ultimate Bundle, if that is what you wanted.

If you ordered Showtime as an add to the Extreme, it comes with Stars and Encore as part of the Movies package.

If you upgraded to Ultimate to get the Showtime, in order to get Stars and Encore, it is an extra $10 a month.

It looks like you just ordered the Movies Package. Which does not automatically change your bundle to Ultimate. It may be better for you to speak with a customer sales rep in billing. If all you wanted was Showtime, the Ultimate bundle may be better for you. It will give you faster internet and other channels that were removed from Extreme. Call and complain about the confusion with the web site and your issues. They may just upgrade you to the Ultimate Bundle for $15 more than what you were paying. I too once had similar issues and was satisfied with the outcome.

It will be confusing on the first couple of bills because of pro rated items on your bill, that may seem wrong but are not. You get charged for the partial month and the following full month.

Re: I Ordered Showtime, Why Do I Have Starz?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agree with prisaz ... the $15.99 addon to the ExtremeHD package is NOT an upgrade to Ultimate, but is instead adding the "Movie Package" to your ExtremeHD lineup (the Movie package includes Starz, Encore, TMC, and Showtime as well as a handful of other lesser "movie" channels).

If you are happy with your internet speed and other ExtremeHD channel selections, then it sounds like you got the right thing.

If however, you'd like to add some of the other "Ultimate" channels to your lineup and forgo Starz and Encore (Showtime and TMC are part of the Ultimate bundle), then you may want to do that upgrade instead.   That's usually a net of about $20 more per month over the ExtremeHD package, but also upgrades your internet speeds to 35/35 (so for a net $4 more than you are now paying, you move up to 35/35 internet).

Whatever you decide, if you make additional changes -- keep prisaz's comments about billing in mind.  Services are all billed in advance and if you make changes mid-month you'll end up with a pile of partial month line items adding / removing services for a month or two.   It all looks confusing, but if you sit down and walk it thru, in the end it actually works out correctly.