I was LIED to regarding a SERVICE UPGRADE. UNBELIEVABLY disappointing and dishonest
richard23123

I have been a loyal verizon customer for over a year. Was excited to have my new service installed at my new place. $106 a month including DVR. Very pleased. 

I could not view my bill or change services within the first month but wanted to look into a land line. I spoke with a Verizon customer service rep on the phone who ASSURED me that we could keep that same price as long as we locked in a contract. He informed me that the first bill would be $121, but that this was just "initial charges" that would go away and that the bill would go back to within a couple of dollars of $106. 

Of course, without being able to see this and taking my oral understanding of the contractual terms I was agreeing to from the Representative, we signed up for the 24 month contract in order to get the price of $106 including everything I had plus a landline. Of course this turned out to be a BLATANT lie and the actual bill is $140! I would never have agreed to this, nor is this what I agreed to over the phone. I am incredibly disappointed in Verizon for allowing such tactics and I can only hope that someone on this forum working for Verizon can help me resolve this indecent and fraudulent misrepresentation before I am forced to take further action. I appreciate any advice or help. 

Richard

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: I was LIED to regarding a SERVICE UPGRADE. UNBELIEVABLY disappointing and dishonest
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: I was LIED to regarding a SERVICE UPGRADE. UNBELIEVABLY disappointing and dishonest
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and good morning richard23123!

You entered the chat and our agent Tiffany was able to get in touch with retention who got your price lowered back to about where it should've been. Thank you for giving us the chance to resolve this problem for you. You were a pleasure to work with.

Thanks again,

Rachel

0 Likes