Switch Account

IPTV coming to Fios?

Contributor Ajnemeth
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(3,014 Views)

Is there a plan to implement IPTV? If so, when?

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 5
(2,944 Views)

@Ajnemeth wrote:

Is there a plan to implement IPTV? If so, when?

I'm sure others don't know either, but I'll ask - - what is IPTV?

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 5
(2,916 Views)

There have been many rumors about FiOS implementing IPTV (Internet Protocol TV - basicall channels on demand) for many years.  Are they going to it, maybe yes maybe no.  Are they going to start uisng MPEG4 to gain more channel space, much more likely.

Its all a crap shoot from anyone outside Verizon to even pretend to know, myself included.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor Rvg
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(2,473 Views)
II understand that Verizon had announced IPTV would be available to consumers beginning in September 2013. Any idea if this happening and if so, how do I get it?
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(2,453 Views)

No such announcement was generally made.  I haven't even heard any recent rumors either.  They are in the midst of rolling out some Mpeg-4 which we probably be occurring soon.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.