Improved content offering
agentdd

I received an email from verizon stating that From time to time channel lineup changes are necessary to improve our content offerings.
We will therefore, be making some changes to our current TV service packages on or after
July 29, 2010.  When I checked what these improvements were I see that 10 channels will be removed from my lineup. I'm confused at how this can be an improvement. I left Comcast because of their improvements of the same kind.

0 Likes
Re: Improved content offering
Manito

I got the same e-mail and am wondering abou the same thing. An improvement is a positive word which means you are making something better. By taking of some of our channels Verizon broke the contract we have with them and cannot ask anybody to pay fees in case s/he wants to cancel the services. I am planning on calling Verizon as soon as tomorrow about that issue. If they cannot give me a good reason, I will have to take further action about that. If not, one of this day, we might resume to pay for the local channels and some depressing ones like CNN, FOX, CNBC and some advertisements.

Please join me to say NOOOOOOOOOOO to Verizon.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Manito wrote:

I got the same e-mail and am wondering abou the same thing. An improvement is a positive word which means you are making something better. By taking of some of our channels Verizon broke the contract we have with them and cannot ask anybody to pay fees in case s/he wants to cancel the services.

Actually, while I agree it is certainly not an improvement, if you fully read the agreement (TOS) it gives them the right to change the lineup at their discretion.  These agreements are always written to favor the one who writes it - morally right or not Smiley Mad

prisaz
Legend

@Keyboards wrote:

@Manito wrote:

I got the same e-mail and am wondering abou the same thing. An improvement is a positive word which means you are making something better. By taking of some of our channels Verizon broke the contract we have with them and cannot ask anybody to pay fees in case s/he wants to cancel the services.

Actually, while I agree it is certainly not an improvement, if you fully read the agreement (TOS) it gives them the right to change the lineup at their discretion.  These agreements are always written to favor the one who writes it - morally right or not Smiley Mad

I sure am glad I am not paying full price for Ultimate. Well I have not seen my second bill after the upgrade. The first was as always messed up. Partial this and that. So if I am Ultimately screwed for the next year I will hope something good happens to make me smile after being screwed. I did see a notice about the West coast feeds, but nothing about 10 channels. I remember only 4 that were to go on 6/20/10. Who has morals these days? Just look at network TV.

I wonder if the OP is on the new Frontier.

0 Likes