Re: Inappropriate FiOS TV ad
jonjones1
Legend

This is a customer helping customer forum. If you want to file a complaint I would suggest you either call 1-800-VERIZON or google their media department phone number or look under contact us on the web page.

0 Likes
carolanns
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree that this is a terrible commercial.  It sexualizes a young child to look like Lolita.  Why don't more people complain?  This is a pedophile's dream.  I hate it.  Fios should be ashamed as well as the advertising firm that produced it.  

LeavingYou
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely appalled by the audacity of this company.  Continuing with this disturbing ad.  After the backlash from your own customers over this commercial you choose to continue running it.  So this ad isn't meant to sell us a product as much as an idea?  One too disturbing for this dad.  I'm leaving verizon and encouraging others to the same.  

GeorgiaD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do know the singer and writer.  Not currently available commercially. I will check if I can provide at least basic info.  Song was meant to sound like a French song from a 50s movie, and I think it works perfectly!

Guitarplayer53

Hi GeorgiaD, 

Could you supply me with writer and singer of this song, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Guitarplayer53

I do think that the Fios commercial with the young girl in the pool does seem to objectify her in an inappropriate way and in times such as these, Verizon should be more sensitive as to the content they put out there. From an advertising point of view, I can see why they might have proceeded with this commercial, it got our attention and we are discussing it in this forum, whatever the tone of the feedback.

0 Likes
jimdep
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think she's a cute kid trying to look and act all grown up as she shows disdain for her childish younger brother.

PGarcia82
Enthusiast - Level 1

On a YouTube thread someone said that Neysa Malone is the singer. I don't think that the song is available for purchase or download anywhere...still looking.

Fiona59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree it’s highly seductive and provocative using a wildly underage lolitaesque girl.  The music and the mood is seductive and exotic which is why so many people on this forum are asking about the it but that’s not an excuse to be ok with something that eroticizes obviously underage girls.  Just because it appeals to you doesn’t mean it’s ok.  

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Big difference between saying you don't see an issue and saying it appeals to someone.

This is clearly a matter of opinion. We all have one. What you may consider offensive or eroticizing others may not see that way.
There are a couple of copies of this ad on YouTube. No comments about it.

Nor have I seen any other organized protest over this ad. I can't say that I have seen this ad lately, so may very well already have been pulled.