Re: Inappropriate FiOS TV ad
netgk

I agree with those who are creeped out by this commercial.  It's not just a "young girl floating in a pool" as one person said above.  The producers of the commercial also had her made up with lipstick and nail polish, had her pose as an adult swimsuit model would pose, gave her a romantic French video to watch, and instructed her to eat a cookie in what I would call a sexual way, worthy of the eating scene in the movie "Tom Jones."  That's not how a kid eats a cookie.  And how is this even a commercial for Fios??  Even after seeing it several times, I still had no idea what they were selling, and nothing about it makes me want to sign up for Fios.  I hate this commercial!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@netgk wrote:

I agree with those who are creeped out by this commercial.  It's not just a "young girl floating in a pool" as one person said above.  The producers of the commercial also had her made up with lipstick and nail polish, had her pose as an adult swimsuit model would pose, gave her a romantic French video to watch, and instructed her to eat a cookie in what I would call a sexual way, worthy of the eating scene in the movie "Tom Jones."  That's not how a kid eats a cookie.  And how is this even a commercial for Fios??  Even after seeing it several times, I still had no idea what they were selling, and nothing about it makes me want to sign up for Fios.  I hate this commercial!

But it did get your attention (good or bad) and you do know the company it’s advertising. I would say Verizon had a winner with their commercial 

Mflybrigge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too would appreciate any information about the song thank you! 🙂

Mflybrigge
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a great song. Please let me know when you have more info on it. Thanks!🙂

Fiona59
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is a flat out creepy commercial. Whether the ad is effective or not FIOS should really do better than that.

0 Likes
zukemania

I am totally with you. I'm disgusted every time I see it. My daughter is 20 and wants me to cancel FIOS because of it. I probably will. 

0 Likes
65fair

I am in total agreement, this commercial is sick, I can not believe there isn't more outrage, I cringe everytime it comes on. You might want to keep an eye on the twisted mind that came up with this idea, he could be a pedophile. 

0 Likes
Bmc3333
Enthusiast - Level 2

My guess is that you are not a parent of a young child. 

0 Likes
MrSmartyguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here! I have been looking and looking for the music to this ad. I just love it.

Not once did I have any thought as to the inappropriateness of this ad. From 1st perception, I assumed it was a sister who just loved to pretend and relax in their pool, with a silly brother.

0 Likes
MrSmartyguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me neither... I'm not disturbed. In no way did I 'secualize' the girl. I think all of you guys who are touting that 'objectification' and 'exploitation' angle need to look to yourselves and ask 'why did my mind immediately go to sexualizing that girl in the pool?'.

My mind didn't go there. I saw a cute, pretending girl, relaxing in the family pool, when who silly brother comes along.

I really though, just came here to find out what the heck that great music is....

Now you guys ruined it. Thanks...