Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Insulting and Demeaning Verizon Marketing Message for Latin TV Subscriptions

pacosvhome
Contributor
Contributor

Insulting and Demeaning Verizon Marketing Message for Latin TV Subscriptions

Message 1 of 5
(1,534 Views)

I received this marketing email from Verizon:

Experience the best entertainment en español. Stay in touch with the latest news from your country of origin, watch your favorite shows, get hooked on telenovelas, follow your fútbol team — all in your own language. Plus, you’ll be able to live your passion for soccer like never before when you bring the stadium home with Verizon FiOS.

Add these channels to your current FiOS® TV package, and get 50% off for the first year. Thats only $7.49 a month! Don’t miss out on this limited-time offer. Order online or call 1.888.614.3075 and celebrate who you are with our Spanish Language Package."

I was born in the U.S. served two U.S. Presidents and I received this insulting marketing message soliticiing SpanishTV "FROM YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN".  That ploy is a presumptive marketing bull **bleep** assumption on your part nothwithstanding my Spanish surname and ethnic background. 

I will cancel my subscription to Verizon if I continue to get this uninvited insulting emails from Verizon.  I will share this with my Congressman and the Federal Communications Commission as an American Citizen making surname assumptions that one is from a foreign country.  How about  French and African names?  Are you sending the same message to U.S. Citizens with those surnames?  You are specifically discriminating U.S. Citizens because of Spanish surnames. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Insulting and Demeaning Verizon Marketing Message for Latin TV Subscriptions

Message 2 of 5
(1,481 Views)
I agree with you...
thetick1234
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Insulting and Demeaning Verizon Marketing Message for Latin TV Subscriptions

Message 3 of 5
(1,408 Views)

Oh please ... 

If you are so offended then cancel your FIOS service and teach those insensitive **bleep** at Verizon a lesson.

Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(1,392 Views)
Oh Brother, just when you thought you heard everything.
sangs
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 5 of 5
(1,335 Views)

Lighten up Francis.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title