Re: Fios vs Xfinity TV Remote & Guide - A Newly Switch User From Xfinity To Fios Customer Opinio
GrumpyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you 100% -  I only recently switched to Fios because of the increased internet speeds.    And granted, they are great... BUT they make you work so hard to watch TV.    

After a long day at work, one wants to sit down, relax and watch a nice show.   I could do that with my Xfinity.  Honestly, FIOS makes you work so hard to watch TV, I'm ready to just pull the box out of the wall and stick to NetFlix & Hulu.

The constant pop-up ads to upgrade or buy something is flat out insulting.    You expect that on a free internet service - not from a company you are already paying between $100 to $200 a month depending on your package.

I could go on all day about how much I miss the ease & simplistiy of my Xfinity TV.

0 Likes
Re: Fios vs Xfinity TV Remote & Guide - A Newly Switch User From Xfinity To Fios Customer Opinio
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can disable the ads and recommendations. Look in settings and disable all of them.

0 Likes
GrumpyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did do that- but it's still difficult.   Such as why is there a banner when I turn on the TV that if I want to watch TV hit another button?    DUH - If I didn't want to watch TV I would not have turned it on.

I'm fully convinced the "programmers" at Verizon want to make using the service as difficult as possible.   

At one point I saw a command to block channels - and I'm praying that I can find it again.   I live in Boston, so WHY would I want the Manchester NH network affiliates? And that is just one example of the stupidity of this system.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you talking the screensaver that says hit menu to watch TV?

Just don't turn stb off. That way stb will be ready to go when you turn TV on.

And if not turning stb off, then go in and disable idle timer.

As for other local channels, I'm guessing all cable providers around you offer both. Only way to only see certain channels is to create a favorites list and then use that in guide.

0 Likes