Is it possible to block a set top box from recording
monofmid

One of my Autistic daughters loves to constantly hit record on every show she likes. Every morning I have to get up and erase dozens of scheduled recordings. Is there anyway for me to block a set top box from recording shows?

thanks,

Erica

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to block a set top box from recording
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Erica! Unfortunately there is no easy work-around to this. Our latest software has some enhancements relating to parental controls, and of course DVR functionality, however blocking the ability to record is not currently an option. I understand your position and wish I had a better answer for you. Thank you.

0 Likes
HockeyFan1

You could get another remote just for her. Check out One For All OARK02R Kid's Universal Remote Control.  saw it on amazon for $15.  does not have record buttons but shortcuts for kids channels.

0 Likes
monofmid

HockeyFan that's a great idea. Unfortunately, I've watched her and she's very adept at recording, even without the remote. You can record using the controls on the front of the box. I would just go old school and plug the cable directly into the tv but the children's channels are high up and the tv only goes up to channel 99. Plus, I dont even know if Fios works without a setup box or dvr.

0 Likes