Switch Account

Is it possible to block a set top box from recording

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to block a set top box from recording

Message 1 of 4
(969 Views)

One of my Autistic daughters loves to constantly hit record on every show she likes. Every morning I have to get up and erase dozens of scheduled recordings. Is there anyway for me to block a set top box from recording shows?

thanks,

Erica

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Is it possible to block a set top box from recording

Message 2 of 4
(945 Views)

Hello Erica! Unfortunately there is no easy work-around to this. Our latest software has some enhancements relating to parental controls, and of course DVR functionality, however blocking the ability to record is not currently an option. I understand your position and wish I had a better answer for you. Thank you.

Travis S.
Verizon Telecom Social Media Team
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(923 Views)

You could get another remote just for her. Check out One For All OARK02R Kid's Universal Remote Control.  saw it on amazon for $15.  does not have record buttons but shortcuts for kids channels.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(917 Views)

HockeyFan that's a great idea. Unfortunately, I've watched her and she's very adept at recording, even without the remote. You can record using the controls on the front of the box. I would just go old school and plug the cable directly into the tv but the children's channels are high up and the tv only goes up to channel 99. Plus, I dont even know if Fios works without a setup box or dvr.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.