Is there a FiOS plan that will save me money?
egrande25

Hi All,

I am currently a FiOS subscriber under a Flex Plan that includes the Extreme HD TV package and the 25 mbps Internet service. I pay $99/month for this package before taxes (I am well past my initial offer rate, which was something like $75/month if I recall).

I was browsing plans on the FiOS site and determined that the Prime HD TV package is all I really need (I don't watch the additional channels that the Extreme HD TV package gives me) and I am not a heavy internet user, so the 15 mbps Internet service was be fine for me.

My question is: is there a bundle I can switch to that will "downgrade" me and save me money each month and also won't have some sort of penalty fee thrown at me? (After my intiial offer period expired, I did sign on for a 2-year agreement for the Flex Plan I currently have) If anyone has experience with a such a "downgrade", how much money are you saving each month?

Thanks for the help,

EG

0 Likes
Re: Is there a FiOS plan that will save me money?
prisaz
Legend

Remember the bundles shown on this page are for new customers, as promotional offers.

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/bundles/overview#

So depending on what you are looking for, you may get more for the same price, or you would have to call for a downgrade to Prime and 15/5. It is not possible to downgrade online, and if you insist on downgrading, you may or may not be put through to the retention department. They may be able to keep you at the same rate with more services, or provide a discount to get you close to the rate of a new customer. Your mileage may very. They have offered new customers no commitment deals, but as an existing customer to get some type of special through the retention department, it will probably require a commitment. I am not sure if you can downgrade during an existing commitment, but in the past I have read somewhere as long as you maintain the services. TV and Internet in your case.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a FiOS plan that will save me money?
egrande25

As a followup, I was able to go from the Extreme HD package with 25mb internet to the Prime HD package with 15mb internet and went from $99.99 before taxes and fees to $84.99 before taxes and fees (including HD set top box fee).

EG

0 Likes