Is there a simple way to figure out what's on TV???
jdardell

Brand new to FIOS tv, so I'm just starting to get the Guide and the Search and the On demand stuff understood..  But I got to tell you, its not as simple as it probably should be.  Going to Menu/Search seems to provide 1 kind of search, hitting the Right Arrow gives you another, hitting the On Demand key gets you something similar but different.  It's just not really clear how to quickly do one search well.  (And all the widget/marketplace/etc stuff is just in the way too)

So not only is searching tricky to get figured out, but then the results of search can be wrong.  You can get lists of things that aren't on, but you only find out theyre on at 3am.  I don't have a DVR and dont care about such things.  You can find out when things are on, but then find out they are pay-per-view items.   What?!  And channels that I don't subscribe to... I really don't care what they are showing!  Is there a way to remove them??

So I guess Im wondering if its just me, or is this guide system trying to show me too much (and sell me too much)?  Are there any tricks out there that lets me trim everything down to just-what-I-have-and-what-I-want, and to search it easily??

signed,

overwhelmed

0 Likes
Re: Is there a simple way to figure out what's on TV???
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Justin created a guide to using Favorites. It will help you a lot with what you seek. He has a link to it in this thread.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/m-p/9935

0 Likes