Is there a way to get the Program Guide to show what is "New"
emesss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am new to Fios TV.  The program guide notes if the offering is CC, or Stereo, or HD, TV14 etc.; but, I actually have to select the offering to find out if it is new, or a repeat.

Is this a defect in the guide (and it would seem it could be easily repaired), or a defect in the way I am using it (not so easy to repair, but at least under my control).

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to get the Program Guide to show what is "New"
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The New logo only shows when you press more info
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@emesss wrote:

I am new to Fios TV.  The program guide notes if the offering is CC, or Stereo, or HD, TV14 etc.; but, I actually have to select the offering to find out if it is new, or a repeat.

Is this a defect in the guide (and it would seem it could be easily repaired), or a defect in the way I am using it (not so easy to repair, but at least under my control).

The guide is the guide and nothing we can do. It has been an item wished for. The guide data is supplied by a company called FYI and it leaves much to be desired. The STB has many features but we are at the mercy of the provider that Verizon gets the information from. But if the NEW tag is there it will be displayed as matcarl said. We can hope that it changes, but all the other benifits from fios are worth the wait for guide issues. At least in my opnion.
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-06-2009 11:20 AM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Prisaz: "New" being on the more info page has nothing to do with the guide provider, it is a sofware thing from Verizon.
0 Likes
emesss
Enthusiast - Level 3
That is what I would have thought as well. Guess the most puzzling part is why they don't include it.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@matcarl wrote:
Prisaz: "New" being on the more info page has nothing to do with the guide provider, it is a sofware thing from Verizon.
I know what you explained is true about the software thing and it not being displayed unless you ask for Info. But when the series recording on the DVR has had issues because of this flag being or not being there. Like missing some and recording others. I know the OP may have been asking for only information on seeing what was new, but some new programs have not shown new in the past. Also some old have shown new. Now that is an issue I think beyond Verizons control. There has been much discussion regarding this and requests for users to point out every error which would take much time. I love FIOS and don't think I am being negaitive on this point without reason even being a CL! I would never go back to Comacast or any other cable provider.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Correct, the original question has to do with Verizon, leaving out the Flag altogether is probably the guide provider's fault.
0 Likes