Re: KEEP UNIVISION
Mchaves121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Couldn't agree more!! I just recently renewed and feel that I should be able to get out if the contract without early termination fees or get a reduction in my bill not just the one time $5.99 credit.  When I called Verizon the agent suggested that I get an antenna and watch TV that way in addition to using Verizon.  Priceless, go pay for additional equipment so you can watch it outside of what I am already painting for.  I don't need Verizon if that is the resolution.   Ironically at the end of our conversation she wanted to sell me more services!!! There are no words.

Re: KEEP UNIVISION!!
Mchaves121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wondering that myself.  There are several other channels that I watched that say that also

0 Likes
Pillbox
Enthusiast - Level 1

So dissapointed, this just makes the decision to drop the the service that much easier, contract or not. The reason I renewed was becasue that I enjoyed univisions product, and the fact that it is gone and Verizon doesn't feel the need to compensate me for that loss - whatever their check was to see if I qualified was not sufficient and probably self serving for verizon. Although I have 200+ channels, mostly CRAP by the way, there were only 5 or so I actuallly I watched regularly and that just got a lot smaller. 

It's sad, but they are starting to get like Comcast!!! 

0 Likes
Re: Univision and FIOS
DonOdioso
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been a customer of Verizon FIOS TV, Internet and telephone since it first became available in my area about 13 years ago. Our bill has increased to about $300/month. Over the past six months or so, Verizon has terminated their eMail service, which caused me a fair bit of work to change all my services to a Microsoft Live Account - better service. Now that Verizon is in a pricing dispute with Univision, they have chosen to remove the prime Latino Channels with current programming and old movies - De Pelicula and one Cine Nastalgia. My wife is from South America and enjoys programming that speaks to her culture. Unfortunately, I will need to switch Internet and TV providers if this isn't resolved soon. I also find it irritating that Verizon has to my knowledge not offered any monthly reduction of service prices until and if the dispute with Univision is resolved - very poor management decision. (BTW, I'll just use our Vonage as our home phone and drop the old fashioned landline service too.) My Roku account provides UnivisionNow for $5.99/month and is an option, but I'm more inclined to go with another service provider b/c my wife likes to record programming. Verizon Management - you have a decision to make. I realize your world is changing with technology pushing folks to alternate viewing sources, but you need to think strategically and not tactically defend small revenue streams within the very large revenue streams you have. Regards, Don Odioso

Univision is not worthy one penny- Univision no vale un centavo
Cefaro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently learned that Univision and Unimas Spanish language channels were removed from verizon listing b/c they are asking more than double what they charge for access to their channels. Awesome! Please Verizon, don't pay one penny to them. Univision is the worst Spanish speaking channel on TV, even for Mexican standars. All the show is old movies and programs like Cantinflas(1950's) and el Chapulin Colorado (1970's), and **bleep** telenovelas (soap operas) all day, and I mean the entire day starting around 9:00AM to 12:00AM.

They don't want to spend money on more recent movies or educational/learning programs, like Telemundo, what a big difference, they show American movies in Spanish which helps more into undertanding and learning the culture. And these channels are only seen when you don't speak or understand English, b/c once you start picking some English, you just want to watch English American channels.

I got the Spanish language package mainly to watch the soccer channels and also to stay connected with my culture, but Univision is not worthy believe me, not for our culture, not for anyone who looks for enterteiment and learning at the same time.

I checked with verizon to see if I watch univision at least 2 hrs a month and qualify for those $5.90 credit, and I can't believe it I did! It must has been the soccer game USA vs Mexico. I will not take those $5.90 and you don't get Univsion back, please! It's a waste of money and a waste of brain usage. Thanks

Y se los digo en nuestro idioma, Univision es lo peor que puede existir en TV, es un retraso para nuestra cultura y nuestra gente, no les importa invertir para darnos mejores programas y quieren mas dinero. No lo merecen! Absolutamente no! Nosotros merecemos algo mucho mejor en espanol que la mediocre y pauperrima programacion que Univivision y Unimas ofrecen. Gracias

0 Likes
PEGR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, does Verizon get to pocket the money it saves by depriving us of our favorite channels????   I'm at the airport about to go on a business trip to South America.  If this does not get resolved by the time I'm back next week, ADIOS Verizon AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES.  I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO BOYCOTT YOU AND TO CONVINCE EVERYBODY I KNOW TO DO THE SAME.  The message that repeats in the channels that were removed sounds very ironic.  YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!  Verizon is probably run by some xenophobes...You should try traveling a bit and experiencing other cultures...Maybe then you will understand your customers better...

0 Likes
Christie2016
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t care about the early termination fee!! I can not survive with out Univision  not all soccer games are on espn and other sports Chanels I have already missed one game and will switch. I agree Verizon should contact televisa or just figure it out I read that u Verizon didn’t even accept the extension. It really makes me wonder why. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there was an extension offered, we don't know the terms.

I have read (but can't confirm) that Univision is asking for their fee to double.

And that would put it close to the price paid for ESPN.

Keep in mind that Verizon would pay that rate for every customer whose package contains Univision. My guess is that Univision doesn't have the same level of viewer ship to warrant that high a fee.

0 Likes
Re: GetTV
therosegal

Why was chanel 495 removed.   I was a good chanel and are we getting credit for the removeal.    After all WE PAY for these chanels.

0 Likes
Giageometro

Please bring back Univision, its the only channel my elderly mother watches.

Respectfully,

Gia...

0 Likes