Re: Keep Fox25!
JulieMSS

I pay our bill every month, right on time.  I hold up my end of the bargain. Why isn't Verizon? I don't know who is right about how much Verizon should pay Cox for the Fox Network. I just know that they're ticking off long-time customers who like to watch Fox 25.  We customers already pay through the nose.  Cox, meanwhile, is losing eyeballs...which means they're losing advertising money.  If I bought airtime for commercials that are not being seen by thousands of viewers, I would want my money back as well.  Likewise, Verizon should offer rebates to its affected customers.  Mostly, both sides should wake up and smell the revenue burning. If this isn't fixed, I will be considering other options...and that includes Internet and cell phones.  WAKE UP, GREEDHEADS! YOU ALREADY ROB US BLIND!

0 Likes
toddbloom7
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tns_2 wrote:

@toddbloom7 wrote:

While I'll miss Fox, I'd rather see Verizon stick to their guns and not let Cox try to charge more just because they can.

Verizon should work out a deal with WGGB in Springfield - the western MA Fox/ABC affiliate - and say 'nuts to you, Cox'. If Verizon gives in, it'll be worse for everybody.

http://www.wggb.com/

Each OTA Fox Channel has its region.  The cable/satellite/phone companies are not allowed to pick and choice which one to carry.  So for FOX 25 territory that's the one they have to offer.

Seems like an unfair advantage or monopoly then 😞

Why make it so channels/networks can literally say "my way or the highway" and the cable carriers have no leverage or say?

Is there a way we can get the FCC to come down on Cox?

0 Likes
riviera1965
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope Fox gets it socked to them ..... Hello people who advertise with them  you just lost half if not more of the base

0 Likes
timmymq
I just called FiOS customer service and still no word on the fox channels. This is total crap, I pay verizon north of $400 a month for services and now they pull this. I am calling Comcast tomorrow morning for service, let's face it all cable companies are bad but this is craziness that I don't need. I like watching football and fox news in the morning and if I can't get that I'm leaving. At least in my area they are giving me $200 to switch, thanks verizon for driving me to another provider after being with you for 10 years
0 Likes
Asweens
Enthusiast - Level 2
Patriots game on CBS on Sunday.
0 Likes
rocky1007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well the easiest way for me to get FOX back is to switch to Comcast which I will do if FOX is not back on by Saturday because FOX is one of the MAJOR NFL carriers.  So either bring back FOX or lose my account.  That will save you money!  Get rid of all these no name channels no one watches or knows they have!  I also filed a complaint with the attorney General!

0 Likes
Upset_consumer

This is rediculous. Many of us pay for a multi-year fixed price contract with Verizon Fios. If Verizon has to pay more, it has nothing to do with the consumer but it does with Verizon's bottom line. We will not see our bills increase we have a multi-year agreement. So who pays, the new customer maybe or when we renew our contract with Verizon.

We the consumer are suffering because Verizon doesn't like the deal.

On the other hand, Cox Communications to pull the plug on Thanksgiving weekend is really a bad move and has many consumers upset because of their greed. I suggest that every consumer goes to the FCC website and Cox and Verizon's website and vigorously complain.

We should all voice our complaints to both of these service providers.

Boith of these companies are **bleep** in my opinion and we should boycott all the advertisers on Fox TV. Don't watch it regulary and see how their ratings suffer in the market. Ratings are what makes TV stations money. Poor ratings means lower advertings revenue.

I also suggest you all complain to the NFL that FOX is blocking fans from watching NFL on Sunday in the Boston Market on Verizon Fios that the 2nd largest Cable Provider in MA and RI are unable to watch the NFL games.

Good luck to Verizon and COX they have proven to be the {word filter avoidance} of the month.

0 Likes
PGSmick

I wholeheartedly support Verizon's decision not to be strong armed by Cox Media. (BTW, It was Cox' decision to pull the programming, Verizon's decision was not to pay exorbitant fees for the content.)  If Cox/Fox really thinks their crap programming is worth a dime extra, then let Verizon bundle it in a premium service tier that those who want it can pay for.

0 Likes
blodgettde
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon takes more of my money and wastes it on advertising than the amount they won't pay to keep Fox. Maybe if they put the money into content and quality they would keep more customers. Sick of new customer deals being so much better than existing. Loyalty means nothing to them.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cable (and satellite) providers have good deals for new customers and little for existing customers.

Some people actually switch every couple of years to keep getting good deals.

Most people choose a provider and stick with it.

Too hard to change equipment as well as having to change email addresses if you also change Internet.

0 Likes