Dump Fox
micheal154
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm tired of the prices of cable constantly going up.

Why are we allowing this to continue then whine about the prices of cable...

It's like voting for the same **bleep** in our government year after year.

0 Likes
Re: Dump Fox
rickj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesnt have to go up. It is Verizon being Verizon...... 2.25Billion in earnings last year and we the little guys get screwed. Whay should i lose channels becuase of corporate greed by Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Keep Fox25!
rickj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon 2.25 BILLION in revenue in 2013............. and they whine about negotiations with Fox... Verizon S#$@#%Ks. I wish I never left Comcast.  The real unfortunate part is that Im stuck for another 1 1/2 years with Verizon.Don't think this wo't gnaw at me every day... As soon as I can dump.. I will.

Once again the little guy gets screwed.

toddbloom7
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's amazing how some of you side with the wrong person in this fight. Do you really think that switching will do anything but embolden the networks to strongarm other providers? 

If you really miss Fox, then just pull up a stream online - there's thousands of them out there.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting that Fox (in Boston) still isn't broadcasting in 1080.  That was always an issue when digital was starting up that they broadcast SD not HD, also in those days the signal was so pathetic you needed to use a directional attena to pick the signal up in the Lowell area.
Luckily our digital attena that has been resting on the front porch for years still works fine and it shows that fox 25 is broadcasting 720p.  Oh well at least I will be able to see the Pat's game.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@viafax999 wrote:

Interesting that Fox (in Boston) still isn't broadcasting in 1080.  That was always an issue when digital was starting up that they broadcast SD not HD, also in those days the signal was so pathetic you needed to use a directional attena to pick the signal up in the Lowell area.
Luckily our digital attena that has been resting on the front porch for years still works fine and it shows that fox 25 is broadcasting 720p.  Oh well at least I will be able to see the Pat's game.

Fox has long been 720P and has never  been expected to go to 1080i. There are lots of people who will still say 720P is better than 1080I for everything.  It is better for fast moving things such as sports.

0 Likes
micheal154
Enthusiast - Level 2

we the consumer will get that extra fee passed along to us...period

0 Likes
IwantMYnfl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recommend that anyone who cares about the WFXT FOX Affiliate Black Out write a complaint to the NFL. They're a much bigger customer to FOX and carry tons more sway than you and me.

Yes. Verizon is at risk of customers moving to Comcast or reverting to an antenna. However, this is more of a longer term risk. In the immediate term, organizations like the NFL have a lot more influence to put pressure on Cox Communications and Verizon to reach an agreement.

If I were the NFL, I would find other major content provider stakeholders like the MLB, the NBA and others to put an arbitration clause enforcing agreements between broadcast networks and affilitates to require secured contracts with all cable/satellite providers or lose their rights to broadcast their content.

While you're at it, you can share your love for Joe Buck as the commentator for FOX football and baseball. Between you and me, I think he stinks. I remember the good old days when there was ABC, CBS and NBC, I wish the NFL would tell FOX to pound salt!

IwantMYnfl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please ask your friends follow this link to share your feelings about the blackout with the NFL:

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

0 Likes
BillKerr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is Cox being Cox.  Because they now own the FOX station in Boston they want to get more money from the consumer.  Cox is trying to make it look like Verizon caused the problem but Cox is the bad guy here.  Verizon is trying to keep the rates down for us.  Cox already gets lots of ad revenue from FOX programming but they want more.  The FCC should step in and tell COX to get with it and don't punish the consumer.

0 Likes