Re: Keep Fox25!
BillKerr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree it is the little guy who gets screwed.  Cox is trying to make Verizon look bad because there is resistance to increasing the rates.  If Cox wins here they will be even more intent on getting more money from the next cable company.  FOX is not pay TV and they get lots of ad revenue while we are subjected to ads.

We need to get a voice for the consumer from the FCC or NFL or maybe even advertisers.  Verizon is a victim here just like us.

0 Likes
No more Fox WFXT in Boston?
allwett

With a rocketing TV/Internet/Phone bill we lose a local channel while retaining have hundreds of useless channels we never watch!...Hello Comcast

0 Likes
Re: No more Fox WFXT in Boston?
bostonscientist

Verizion, please send me a $1 statement credit for every day that Fios is blacked out. When my contract expires, I will remember this.

0 Likes
teqqen

Fox 25 is probably the one channel that we watch the most. We absolutely need to have it, so if Verizon Fios is going to continue to not have it available, then we have no choice but to switch to a provider that does. Dish here we come.

0 Likes
FOX-less Fios
DrewK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like hundreds of thousands of other Verizon customers (if not millions), I am extremely upset with the recent changes to the channel lineup.  I was made aware of the contract dispute while watching a show on Fox last Sunday.  I heard nothing from Verizon about this dispute until Thursday.  

I received an email in the morning explaining that we would no longer be able to view Fox and a couple of their affiliated channels because Cox Media Group removed this programming.  Following that, there was a line that read "They took this step because Verizon refused to accept an agreement that contained rates that are not in our customers' best interests."  This line upset quite a bit because I was never once asked what my interests are.  Football is a great interest of mine; particularly when I'm gathered with the family on Thanksgiving day.  It's a tradition in my family to watch the games together after we've eaten.  

Prior to receiving that email on Thanksgving morning, I had seen/heard nothing from Verizon in regard to this potential cancellation of programming.  It would have been nice if we received an email that would have given us the opportunity to vote on whether we'd be interested in accepting an increase in our monthly bill.  Verizon knew what Cox Media was looking forand could have calculated what the increase would cost its customers ($.39, 1.00, 5.00...).  

I would certainly be willing to pay a few dollars more a month to not break a family tradition.  I also feel (and have yet to look into) that because I signed up for my Veriozon Fios package with the Fox network as part of the channel lineup, that removing this network is a breach of contract on Verizon's part.  Yet, if I were to terminate my contract early, I would be charged for it.  It seems to me like the only interests being served are those of the higher-ups at Verizon...

I'd love to hear what other people think of this, and how they've responded.  Thank you for reading.

Re: FOX-less Fios
Annmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100 percent with you. I will be calling them very shortly. This is not acceptable to their customers very unfair. How do they intend to compenstate us for our inconvenience.   Disgusted.

0 Likes
amarryat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hold out until Cox stops trying to screw the customers.

0 Likes
davey3141

I've been a big fan of FiOS ... until recently.  First they removed the Universal HD channel which I really enjoyed, and now Fox25.  This is very upsetting!  Between my FiOS services and my wireless (cell phone) services, I'm sending almost $500 a month to Verizon.  However, when my contract is up in about a year, I plan to seriously consider a new service provider.

0 Likes
Still paying my bill despite no FOX channels
djup1

Thank you Fios for dropping the Fox channels.  Does that mean you are giving me a credit for each day that I do not receive a service that I have a contract for?  If I didn't pay part of my bill because I didn't like one channel I suspect that you would cancel me, wouldn't you.

All of you need to stop using excuses for not carrying national network channels that bring us local entertainment and news.

Stop wasting our time and get FOX back on the system.  If not, I'll expect a credit on my next bill.

djup

0 Likes
heymelo27

im leaning towards this, as I have an HD tuner antenna. Whenever i want to watch fox, i switch my input from HDMI to TV, where i have it preset to channel 25.1. 

However im gonna call verizon to try and get some money back...

0 Likes