Re: Still paying my bill despite no FOX channels
hakavon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah, for the days when channels got NOTHING for being carried by service providers, and service providers HAD TO carry all local channels.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hakavon wrote:

Ah, for the days when channels got NOTHING for being carried by service providers, and service providers HAD TO carry all local channels.

Must carry rules still exist.  And providers even cover some of the cost of getting the best feeds.  But of course its the channel owners that decide to opt out of Must Carry and instead charge.

0 Likes
Re: Keep Fox25!
cimarronb

We started a Facebook group - Fox 25 for Blacked-out Verizon FIOS Customers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/677636052355784

The community is growing every day and has good suggestions for how to get Fox 25 and suggested ways to influence the process.

Thanks.

0 Likes
FOX 25
COPTRZ

Been a FIOS subscriber for 1 yr but returning to Comcast (had for 24 yrs wthout this nonsense) unless FOX is back on by Saturday.

Your (ex)cutomers are the victims here.

0 Likes
docsev
Enthusiast - Level 1

Honestly, dont miss Fox 25 at all.  Their local advertisers cant be too happy, though. 

Re: FOX 25
amarryat
Enthusiast - Level 3

What are you going to do when Comcast has to renegotiate their carriage agreement and lose Fox25 for a few days?

0 Likes
aquawlf1

Actually everyone deserves a credit for verizon removing FOX. Yes it is a breach of contract , Verizon neglected to notify any of their customers about this situation. As far as the money, the amount that Fox is asking for is the same amount as ESPN yet Verizon says no. Their resoning is that they do not believe in charging consumers more money. Really!! You already charge enough for cable as it is , the bulk of channels people have to pay for nobody watches. Verizon take a long look at how many of your customers are disatisfied. Stating that you will charge cancellation fees to your consumers just shows that you only care about money.

0 Likes
Roosevelt1

I have no doubt that both parties are making a nice profit.  We are paying handsomely each month for Fox and every other station on the Verizon lineup.  This is shameful on Verizon's part.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Roosevelt wrote:

I have no doubt that both parties are making a nice profit.  We are paying handsomely each month for Fox and every other station on the Verizon lineup.  This is shameful on Verizon's part.  

And not on COX (Fox 25)?

0 Likes
cuppajo

A lack of leadership on both sides.  I signed up w/Verizon because of FOX.  Either figure it out soon and provide a rebate to your customers.

0 Likes