List of channels offered with FiOS TV Movies package.
Libra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have any link through which I can see list of channels offered with FiOS TV Movies package ($15.99/Month)?

0 Likes
Re: List of channels offered with FiOS TV Movies package.
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can view all the channels on the system on your FiOS network here:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/Channels.htm

From the description of the Movies package:

Movies

• 45 Premium Channels including SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL®, ENCORE®, FLIX®,IFC™ and SUNDANCE®
  • Watch hit Original Series like Dexter™, Weeds and The Tudors, over 1,000 Hollywood Blockbusters per month, Championship Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts and, now, Inside The NFL
  • Includes Premium HD channels and On Demand channels – for the ultimate in home theater entertainment
So basically, it;s all Showtime, Starz, TMC, Encore, Flix, IFC, and Sundance channels listed in the channel guide plus their On Demand libraries.   Internestingly enough, their channel guide still shows the "West" channels for my locale when in fact those were recently removed to make room for new HD offerings.   So, in the "West", I suspect you'll get the "West" version and in the "East" you'll get the East version only of those channels.
Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Libra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for helping me out;however, it does not give specific list of channel.
What are those 45 channels.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's the list I surmised from the channel list in my neck of the woods ...  Keep in mind that this is the list for my area ... YMMV.

Showtime
Showtime 2
Showtime 2 HD
Showtime Beyond
Showtime Extreme
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Family Zone
Showtime HDTV
Showtime Next
Showtime Showcase
Showtime Showcase HD
Showtime Women
Starz
Starz Cinema
Starz Comedy
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge
Starz Edge HD
Starz HDTV
Starz in Black
Starz Kids & Family
Starz Kids & Family HD
The Movie Channel
The Movie Channel HD
The Movie Channel Xtra
The Movie Channel Xtra HD
Encore
Encore Action
Encore Drama
Encore HD
Encore Love
Encore Mystery
Encore Westerns
Encore-WAM
Flix
Independent Film Channel
Independent Film Channel HD
Sundance

I count 38 ... so I don't know how they count (there's actually a bunch of "West" versions of channels -- which if you add them into the count and take out the double count of an SD and an HD channel comes out to about 46 or so, I think).   Many of the West versions of channels have now been removed -- so you get either the West or the East version.

I think the 45 might be old information that hasn't caught up with the recent changes.

0 Likes
Libra
Enthusiast - Level 2

The channels you have sent me are part of channels offered with the FiOS Ultimate HD TV plan. With FiOS ultimate HD TV plan Verizon FiOS offers Movies package for Ultimate HD TV plan($9.99/MO).

The channels you have sent are not part of the Movies package. I am sorry if I am not understanding you. Still my question  will remain as it was.
If  this is list of 38 channels. May I know the channels offered with the Movies package for Ultimate HD TV plan($9.99/MO) as well as Movies package for Extreme HD TV plan. ($9.99/MO).

Showtime

Showtime 2

Showtime 2 HD

Showtime Beyond

Showtime Extreme

Showtime Extreme HD

Showtime Family Zone

Showtime HDTV

Showtime Next

Showtime Showcase

Showtime Showcase HD

Showtime Women

Starz

Starz Cinema

Starz Comedy

Starz Comedy HD

Starz Edge

Starz Edge HD

Starz HDTV

Starz in Black

Starz Kids & Family

Starz Kids & Family HD

The Movie Channel

The Movie Channel HD

The Movie Channel Xtra

The Movie Channel Xtra HD

Encore

Encore Action

Encore Drama

Encore HD

Encore Love

Encore Mystery

Encore Westerns

Encore-WAM

Flix

Independent Film Channel

Independent Film Channel HD

Sundance

Thanks for being so helpful. May aim is to study. I am sorry if it is creating trouble for you.
 Kind regards.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

No worries here ...

Actually what I sent is the Movies package (the $15.99 package add-on to the ExtremeHD package).   If you have UltimateHD, then you already get some of these channels included, so they add the rest of them (Starz, Encore, and IFC) to bring you up to the same set of additional "Movie" channels (and since Ultimate already includes some of these, the package price is less, $9.99, than the upgrade from ExtremeHD).   The net result however is the same.

However, I now understand what you're referring to as there appears to be this new package they added on the website called ExtremeHD with Movies for $9.99.   In reading what it's for -- there appears that Verizon must have been offering at one time (or maybe they still do as part of some special marketing campaign) a special ExtremeHD bundle which included Showtime.   This special package then basically appears to do the same thing for that special ExtremeHD bundle that it does for the UltimateHD package and uplifts it to have the channels I listed.

I have no idea how you get that bundle, but it appears you can't add the $9.99 version of the package to a regular ExtremeHD bundle (it allows you to check it, but removes it from the cart when you get to the final configuration screen).

Afraid I can't help beyond that as I'm just a customer like all the others here.  It's just that I recently went thru the "channel by channel" exercise comparing bundles and add-ons, etc. when I was trying to figure out if the UltimateHD package was worth the money -- so I have a sense of where you might be headed (I did the same thing a couple years ago when I switched from Comcast -- took me an entire afternoon to get everything side-by-side in spreadsheet).  I would encourage you to use the online chat feature (which keeps popping up for me when I look at the configurations screens) at get them to explicitly confirm this for you.if you need more detail.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

The link to the channel listings has the premium packages listed towards the bottom of the page, with an overview, if you select the package. After opening the package overview you can select more at the bottom, and it gives a complete breakdown. We pointed this out as not being available, and they slipped it in on us as suggested. A complete listing is available. I did not see this until this posting. I will go back now and look for the suggestion that was submitted.

Thanks for pointing this out. They do listen.

0 Likes