Switch Account

Local Commercials on FIOS TV

Local Commercials on FIOS TV

Contributor jeffwingo
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(4,201 Views)

In the Richmond market, as in other markets, we have local ads that are placed over the national ads on most channels. My big gripe is not with the ads. I prefer many of the local ads over the incessant Magic Jack ads. What irritates me is the lag that exists from when the local ads start. What we experience is about 5 seconds of the national ad and then the local ads cut in. Of course the spots cut into the first five seconds of the program when it returns from the break.

I know how this works. A tone or digital signal is sent out at the beginning of the ad break and the local equipment hears the signal and switches over to the local programming. But the 5 second lag is inexcusable. Something has changed. There used to be no lag. 

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(4,114 Views)

Hi JeffWingo..I can have the ad insertion checked, I will need to know on what channel that is happening on though, and is it consistently?

Constance
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.