quick menu

Looking for a Channel?

Looking for a Channel?

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 1 of 39
(28,892 Views)

Wondering what channels are available on FiOS TV in your area? Here's an easy way to find out! Simply go here and enter your zip code. There you'll see what packages are available in your area, along with each and every channel within those packages.

Let me know what you think!

-Heather

38 REPLIES
Contributor carolhaisam
Contributor
Message 2 of 39
(28,643 Views)

I would like to be able to set my preferences to show just the channels I subscribe to in the tv listings. Is this possible?

Thanks,

carolhaisam

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 39
(28,633 Views)

it's not possible through the Verizon site.. the only and best way I found to do this is the following site

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do

or

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/

once you enter your area and input the channels you want on the list to correspond with what you receive in your package, you're set..  I have mine set up to only include favorites, not all the channels I never watch.. works great.

Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 4 of 39
(28,537 Views)

Hi carolhaisam,

If you are looking to customize the online Verizon TV listings, then I'll defer to avemaria92's answer. If you want to only view the TV listings for channels you subscribe to on the STB/DVR Guide, then the answer is yes.

Use the remote control buttons to navigate to and select the following settings:

1. Menu > Settings > Television > Genres & Filters > Enable > OK
  2. Menu > Settings > Television > Last Viewed Guide State > Enable > OK
  3. Guide > Options > Subscribed Channels > OK

That's it.

(Keep in mind that after a box reset, the box will forget the Guide setting and you will have to repeat line 3.)

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 39
(28,526 Views)

Go to tvguide.com, and enter Verizon FiOS as provider.

You can customize the entire guide with whatever channels you want listed ... or omitted.  I delete kids channels, spanish channels, shopping channels, various religious channels etc.  Works well.

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 6 of 39
(28,517 Views)

@charliewatts wrote:

... You can customize the entire guide  ... I delete kids channels, spanish channels, shopping channels, various religious channels etc.  ...

Evidently if I'm shopping for a religious gift for a Hispanic neighbor's child, I should look elsewhere (smile).

Copper Contributor jerro
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 39
(28,231 Views)

thats what Comcast does even on the digital adapters. If I had know I may not have switched to FiOS.

Contributor halmorr
Contributor
Message 8 of 39
(27,445 Views)

What has happened to MHz Network - on Verizon TV, channel 463 in Southern California?  For the past week they have broadcast ONLY NHK World Japan.  Has MHz moved to another station?

We love MHz

Contributor Damionlawson
Contributor
Message 9 of 39
(26,596 Views)

I wonder when you will carry EFTV http://www.eftv.com in the Tampa, Fl area? dish network carries it.  It has programming such programming on a the Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers.  I really want it.

Contributor TonyVz
Contributor
Message 10 of 39
(26,008 Views)

Thanks for the tip!  I had been looking for the public access channels for my community. 

When I look at the TV Guide on the TV, I see many similar-looking channel descriptions for all of the neighboring communities in my area.  They all have the same designation, "Community Access" and "Local Origination".  You can't tell them apart.

However, the link that you had in your post provided the actual public access provider description, e.g. the school district, the municipality, the public access, etc.

Why doesn't the Guide provide that information in its channel display, as it does for all of the other, non-public access channels?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios