Re: Fox 45 & CW affiliate
knd31288
Enthusiast - Level 1

Quite disappointed that Verizon is even considering such a change.  We were first on the list to become a FIOS customer because of their customer service.  This would be an EPIC let down.

FH21
Enthusiast - Level 1

@threehummers wrote:

Switched to Verizon a couple of months ago.  If you drop Fox 45 and CW I will switch back to Comcast!  This would really be a dumb move by Verizon and your customers don't really care what reasons you may **bleep** us with!

I can't believe they would actually consider not having Fox 45/CW.  I will cancel and go to another provider if they choose to do so.  I pay for TV so I can relax and watch what I want, not what Verizon feels like airing!!!!! 

Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

There is already a thread started on this topic

If you get your TV broadcast through a pay service ( cable, satellite, etc.) there will always be issues like this, when contracts expire. I remember a few years ago Comcast had the same issues with some local broadcast affiliates threatening to cut there broadcast....This is not unique to Verizon next year it could be Comcast or Direct TV. Also, if your under contract and cancel its going to cost  you a few bucks.

DaveVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone actually called to question Verizon or threaten to cancel service?  If you just signed up are they using the high dollar cancelation fee as a reverse threat?

It would be nice for someone from Verizon to post something about our options.  My two year contract ends in May so I'll be switching back to Comcast if Verizon does lose FOX45.

Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?
BelAirTomS
Enthusiast - Level 1

The thought of losing WBFF Fox News is very troubling.  When I was upset with pricing on Comcast, I left it for Verizon.  I can do the same if I become unhappy with Verizon.  If I cannot watch the 10 PM News on WBFF, I will once again have to make a change.  I hope you reconsider keeping it on the schedule.

My wife called and after more than an hour trying to reach someone, there was very little in the way of an explanation.  As far as I am concerned you could remove hundreds of the other channels that I have never watched, but leave the Fox affiliates alone!

Tom

only13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent an email message to Verizon voicing my displeasure over this.  I watch Fox45 morning news.  As far as weather related school/work closures (especially during snowstorms) they are the best.  NFL football and a few other shows make it a "needed" channel for me.  I would seriously consider going bakc to Comcast for this.

Sinclair is trying to grow their network of stations so I don't see them letting the deal expire without an extension in place or somehow getting a new deal done. 

Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

If you get your TV broadcast through a pay service ( cable, satellite, etc.) there will always be issues like this, when contracts expire. I remember a few years ago Comcast had the same issues with some local broadcast affiliates threatening to cut there broadcast. So those threating to switch to another carrier could be dealing with the same situation next year.....This is not unique to Verizon, next year it could be Comcast or Direct TV. Also, if your under contract and cancel its going to cost  you a few bucks.

Fox 45 and the CW network
sherryschaffer

I want to to know why FIOS is considering to discontinue these channels? If this is true I will not be renewing my contract.

0 Likes
Re: Fox 45 and the CW network
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

There are already 2 threads on this topic.

0 Likes
Schlemdinger

*********Reposted from the other topic since this seems to be the main thread of the three started on this topic*********

I JUST switched to Fios last week and I'm not very happy to find out that Fios may drop WBFF Fox 45 and WNUV CW come 1 Jan. I live less than 5 miles from the city of Baltimore and I'm not going to get these two local channels? In addition to missing out on Ravens football,  there's the morning traffic and weather. Not Cool.

0 Likes