Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?

SOLVED
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Fox 45 and the CW network

Message 21 of 83
(2,880 Views)

Fios is unlikely to being considering discontinuing them, but Sinclair typically gets into these disputes every time they are renewing with all the carriers.  They typically ask for more then they are worth.

topdog
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

FOX tV AVAILABILITY

Message 22 of 83
(2,919 Views)

Those of us that reside in the Baltimore area have been informed by our local Fox station that Verizon will no longer carry this station after January 1.  If this is the case, we will all leave Fox and go to Comcast as we are all Raven fans and will miss some of the games which are carried on Fox.  We like Verizon, but we LOVE the Ravens!!! 

topdog
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 23 of 83
(2,859 Views)

Why now get rid of some of the lousy stations .  There are plenty of them to choose from!!!!

Holly1
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

No Fox Channel After Jan.1.2012 in Balto. County,Md.

Message 24 of 83
(2,913 Views)

Just saw a message going across my screen on the local Fox News Channel in Baltimore County, Maryland that beginning Jan.1,2012, Verizon will no longer carry Fox. If this is the case many customers will be switching to another provider as this is a very poular channel and carries many of the Ravens and other professional football games. I will  be inquiring with my Baltimore County council and Baltimore County Executive to try to get Fox back.

Holly

applerichmond
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?

Message 25 of 83
(2,905 Views)

We just got the same message in Richmond, VA.  Didn't they get in this kind of argument a few years ago but worked it out at the last minute?  If Fios does lose FOX, they will definitely lose our household to Comcast.  I will not miss Football and my son's fav show is The Simpsons.  Plus I can't stay up until 11 for local news, the 10 p.m. broadcast is what I watch. 

Holly1
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: No Fox Channel After Jan.1.2012 in Balto. County,Md.

Message 26 of 83
(2,880 Views)

Go to the following link to read about this ion the local Fox website.

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/

Also we called Verizon and the rep said Sinclair Broaddcasting is in negotiations with Fox ,and it will probably be resolved before Jan.1,.2012. Sinclair also owns WNUVTV in Baltimore too. I think this happened a few years ago and it might have been with Comcast. I think Fox is trying to get its viewers to help with their negotiations.

Holly

But if they don't carry Fox, Comcast is going to get thousands of Verizon customers here in the Baltimore area.

Holly1
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?

Message 27 of 83
(2,879 Views)

I think you're right. Get in touch with local officials.

donk
Contributor
Contributor

Losing Fox 53 in Pittsburgh

Message 28 of 83
(2,864 Views)

Just had a crawl on my screen saying Fox 53 will no longer be provided here in Pittsburgh,PA starting in January. Fios, are you out of your mind?  Football and some of the best programs are on Fox. Get your act together or you will lose thousands of customers to Comcast.

Dutch421
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Losing Fox 53 in Pittsburgh

Message 29 of 83
(2,860 Views)

Its not Fox or Verizon that is the problem it's  Sinclair Broadcasting, complain to them . They are trying to get more money out of Verizon.You know who's going to pay in the end.....You and me!

Ruubo
Contributor
Contributor

Message 30 of 83
(2,826 Views)

I am with you if they remove the CW I will cancel my account. Three of my favorite shows come on that channel. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.