Re: Fox 45 and the CW network
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

Again, Its not Verizon that is dropping the stations...Its  Sinclair Broadcasting that willnot allow them to carry the feed unless they pay up. You can switch to  Comcast and they could have the same issue with  Sinclair Broadcasting or some other broadcaster when their contract is up.

DON'T TAKE AWAY FOX
SCKAUTOCRAFT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WILL DROP FIOS LIKE A HOT POTATO. FOX OFFERS TOO MUCH TO LOSE!!!!

Till me it ain't so
JimmyJam69

I heard you are not going to carry Fox 45 at the begining of the year. I really hope you can kept the channel I don't want to get another service but I got to watch football.

0 Likes
Re: Fox 45 and the CW network
Zippoboy7
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Dutch421 wrote:

Again, Its not Verizon that is dropping the stations...Its  Sinclair Broadcasting that willnot allow them to carry the feed unless they pay up. You can switch to  Comcast and they could have the same issue with  Sinclair Broadcasting or some other broadcaster when their contract is up.

About a year before I switched to FiOS this same dispute came up on Crapcast, exact same messages and everything. Sinclair Broadcasting Group are truely the scum of the earth, just go look at there massive building off I83, it just goes to show what they realy spend there extortion fees on. I say to Verizon go ahead and drop these fools, I can always watch there shows off my antenna for free there is no need for them to ask for more money just to show more crappy reality shows anyway.

Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?
evadjg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have been a VZ subscriber for a LONG time because of the programming & bundle service. Though we DON'T feel VZ will drop FOX/CW, we are preparing to move our provider to one who DOES. Might actually be cheaper in the long run?!? We watch a lot on FOX as most likely do many others! So it will NOT be in VZ's best interest to no longer carry these channels. Staying put for right now.

0 Likes
MrMBelAir
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WILL CANCEL FIOS IF THEY DON'T CARRY FOX. I WILL REFUSE TO PAY THE FEE I'M FED UP WITH PAYING FOR SERVICE THAT IS NOT PROVIDED.

DROPPING Fox 45
z302

I called into Verizon last night and the customer service rep could not verify if Fios was officially dropping FOX. I called again this evening and the rep made it clear FOX has been dropped.

Due to Verizon's decision to drop FOX, I have cancelled our Fios service effective January 1, 2012. For all of those folks flipping out over this change, I would suggest calling Fios and cancelling your account. You are able to pick any date in the future for the disconnect to take place. If FOX is not part of the cable line-up on January 1, 2012 then unfortunatley I will be a Comcast customer again.

Very bad move Verizon!

0 Likes
str8updave1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will switch back and take the incentives from Comcast if  Verizon Fios drops Fox.

I think we should start a facebook page to petition Verizon. Who's  with me?

ForestHillEMT
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I will definitely switch to Comcast if this happens.  I enjoy Fox programming as well as the 'early late' news.  This would be very aggravating as well as disappointing due to NFL football, etc.  I want Verizon to understand how much I am displeased with this news.

Re: FOX tV AVAILABILITY
ravens52

If you want to switch, please call me {edited for privacy}

0 Likes