Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

Its not Verizon's fault (read my other posts). You better make sure Comcast's contract is not up anytime soon  with one of your favorite channels or you'll be dealing with the same situation. I would never go back to Comcast.When was the last time they updated anything , their guide looks like its from the 1980's.

0 Likes
Re: Fox 45 & CW affiliate
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

That's why it's a good idea to have a month to month contract, even if you pay a little more each month. Sometimes it's better to switch every so often from one cable company  to another as these cable companies give better deals to new customers, although the cable companies count on most not doing this as it's too much of a hassle.

Holly

0 Likes
Fox Channel Richmond (and all other citys)
jonesiv83

I hope someone in Corp. reads these and all post... But I can tell you this my mother in-law and I both have FIOS cable. And I can tell you with out a doubt I WILL CANCEL my subscription if come Jan 1 they stop caring FOX. So I hope some one reads this that is high up the food chain and knows that they will lose a lot of people. You can't take away local programming and expect nothing.

thank you

William

0 Likes
Re: Fox Channel Richmond (and all other citys)
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

For the  10th time Verizon is not dropping Fox.  It is Sinclair Broadcasting who carries the Fox feed in certain cities, who are in a contract battle with Verizon. Call them and ask how much more they want to charge Verizon under a new  contract to carry their feed.

0 Likes
jonesiv83

dont realy care if they are tryin to charge more to have verizon keep rebroadcasting fox... the point is they are talking about dropping... and that makes ppl mad... well me

0 Likes
What is the story with Fox channels in Baltimore?
mgarczynski1
Enthusiast - Level 2

FOX channels in the Baltimore area are running a crawler stating that after 1/2/2012, FOX channels will only be available on COMCAST, DirectTV, and DishTV.  They will no longer be on FIOS.

I signed with Verizon from DirectTV for the better service and selection.  If Verizon isn't going to carry my local channels, that leaves me no choice but to go back to another service with full channel.

What's the story here?  Will FOX channels be gone after 1/1/2012?

0 Likes
Re: What is the story with Fox channels in Baltimore?
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

Read the multiple threads on this subject.

0 Likes
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

You will when the price of your sevice goes up ..... Why should Verizon pay a premium For a FREE over the air station.

0 Likes
mgarczynski1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are talking symantics but not much else. 

If Verizon is negotiating with Sinclair broadcasting, who owns Fox and CW in Baltimore & Richmond, then what alternatives are they proposing should their negotiating fail.  If they are not proposing any viewing alternatives, then your comments making a distinction between Channels vs Station Owner are a mute point because at the end of the day, Verizon FIOS customers will not have Fox or CW channels in those viewing areas. 

Just like with the other service providers, Sinclair plays hardball.  However, if Verizon doesn't step up, they will likely loose subscribers. 

0 Likes
Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?
casey521

If Verizon drops these channels, I am gone! Even though I hate crapcast.  Verizon-Keep our channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes