Loss of sound
Bluestone54
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does't happen all the time. I have a RCA 42" HD Plasma TV. When I  find something on my favorites list and want to switch to it , every once in awhile the right side of the screen will turn pink. It will go to the channel but no sound. I end up having to shut the TV off then back on. I know this not good for the set. If anyone can help please do.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Loss of sound
Bluestone54
Enthusiast - Level 1

When Verizon went to the new menu of channels selection, my problem disappeared. Whatever they did bless them, I'm problem free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

To see if its a problem with the TV itself, bring a box from another room in here and see if the same thing happens. Most of the time with picture distortions such as this, its TV related. We need to test that first before jumping to that conclusion. If it happens with the other box, you know you have an issue with the TV. If it doesnt happen at all with the other box being hooked after being hooked up a couple days, please send me a private message so we can look further.

0 Likes
Aussi1

I am having a sound loss problem as well.  Just moved, got a new install, they changed all the boxes to new ones.  The one TV that is hooked to the box that is HD DVR loses sound when you change the channel.  Some times it comes back if you change the channel, sometimes not.  I tried using boxes from the other room, they don't have this problem.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Bluestone54
Enthusiast - Level 1

When Verizon went to the new menu of channels selection, my problem disappeared. Whatever they did bless them, I'm problem free.

0 Likes
Greyfox

Anthony_vz I just had an installation last Friday.  I have experienced the same issue with the loss of sound.  I have to turn the set off and on, sometimes 3 - 4 times.  I don't have another HD-DVR box to hook up, so, your suggestion won't work for me.  Are there any known issues between the FIOS STB and Samsung tvs?

Thanks, bob

0 Likes
Glenotto

I have had this problem every since I received my DVR and that has been over a year or more.  You can switch channels and you may not get any sound.  Go to another channel and you may get sound and then go back.  Once you get sound it will work but it is a luck of the draw if you change channels again.  I talked to a technician who said I needed a new HDMI cable and he was to send me one and that was over 6 months ago and it never came.

You really need to fix this problem.  It is getting old and I am getting tired of it.

0 Likes
Buffman31

Same problem with my HD-DVR STB only. It's annoying when just the occasional commercial is silent. It sucks when, for instance, TWC is audible but TWC-HD is silent. Pictures are good, no perceivable loss there. History HD was another mute station. I estimate a good 30-40% of my channels are silent. Any work arounds? I've reset the box here online and by removing power and allowing restart. All other boxes work. TV is fine.

0 Likes
edjt

Bluestone, what did you mean by "Verizon went to the new menu of channels selection"? I have the same problem with one of the HD STB. Talked to technician, and they sent me a new box. But the problem still exists. TV is Vizio 42" LED.

Sound loss after I switch channel. I have to turn off the TV and turn it on again. Then the sound comes back. But after I switch several channels, or if I go to "guide" and pick one of my favorite channel, the sound is gone again. So is other channels.

This is really frustrating. I just switched to FIOS last Saturday. Was using DirecTV before (with the same TV) and had no such problem.

0 Likes
lisagc2171

did you every get a resolution to your problem?  I am having the same trouble.

0 Likes