MAKING TV GUIDE INFO LARGER
MARILIE208

HOW DO I GET MY TV CHANNEL GUIDE TO COME UP IN LARGER PRINT TO BE ABLE TO READ IT FROM 8 FEET AWAY?

0 Likes
Re: MAKING TV GUIDE INFO LARGER
Justin46
Legend

@MARILIE208 wrote:

HOW DO I GET MY TV CHANNEL GUIDE TO COME UP IN LARGER PRINT TO BE ABLE TO READ IT FROM 8 FEET AWAY?

There is no direct way to do that. However, there are some options that may have some effect, depending on what equipment you have and what settings you are currently using. So tell us, what model STB(s) do you have, what type and size of TV (HD or SD), what setttings you currently have in the STB(s) for the Guide, etc.

The only way someone can answer your question is to know what your environment is.

Oh, and FWIW (not much I guess to you), I have a 6 year old 40" HD LCD TV, I can read the Guide from 8 to 10 feet away without my glasses by squinting just a little bit (I am very nearsighted), and just fine with the glasses on.

If you will provide more details hopefully someone here can help you get it at least a little better.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
MARILIE208

We have a 32" LCD LED 1080p Vizio Flatscreen attached to the wall.  The Verizon tech had a larger TV guide up on TV when he installed FIOS, however my Mom was there at the time, and she cannot remember what he did, too much information for her to take in.  I know there is a way to do it.  I played with the features many times, cannot figure it out. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@MARILIE208 wrote:

We have a 32" LCD LED 1080p Vizio Flatscreen attached to the wall.  The Verizon tech had a larger TV guide up on TV when he installed FIOS, however my Mom was there at the time, and she cannot remember what he did, too much information for her to take in.  I know there is a way to do it.  I played with the features many times, cannot figure it out. 

OK, that answers the TV type. What else can you tell us - STB model, settings, etc? Seriously, without knowing what you are currently using, how can anyone help you to change whatever it is to make it better?

Edit: while we are at it, how is your STB connected to the TV (HDMI cable, component cables, etc.), how many channels does the Guide display at a time, and how much time is displayed (ie, 1 1/2 hours, 2 1/2 hours, etc).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

can you guys get the programming correct please. if i record something i want to be the correct show or program ty in advance!!!

0 Likes