Switch Account

ME-TV programming

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

ME-TV programming

Message 1 of 6
(2,660 Views)

ME-TV in my area has a full 24 hour programming schedule as seen from their website.  However, on FIOS,  (Channel 19 in my area) there is a preponderance of paid commercials (today, Sunday, April 29 alone there are 12.5 hours).  Why don't all the programs from that station come through?  I'm not paying for a majority of commercials ........thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: ME-TV programming

Message 2 of 6
(2,646 Views)

That's WSAH, it has nothing to do with Verizon. WSAH chooses not to run ME TV full time, complain to them.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 3 of 6
(2,634 Views)

@homebodygrs wrote:

ME-TV in my area has a full 24 hour programming schedule as seen from their website.  However, on FIOS,  (Channel 19 in my area) there is a preponderance of paid commercials (today, Sunday, April 29 alone there are 12.5 hours).  Why don't all the programs from that station come through?  I'm not paying for a majority of commercials ........thank you.

Hi, Mat is correct, this is not a Verizon problem, you need to contact the station (WSAH) running the commericals. Verizon doesn't change the feed they get. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(2,216 Views)

True - but - there are numerous Me TV affiliates beyond WSAH - why does FiOS insist on passing along the "infomercial" version to the NYC metro area????  I recently was outside the region and had a different MeTV provider that DID NOT switch to info-mercials at 10pm.  Certainly Verizon has the option - and LEVERAGE - to get a full 24 hour Me TV affiliate into the NYC metro area.  Comment, please, Verizon???

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 5 of 6
(2,198 Views)

Hello,

Check out these two links for more information about Memorable Entertainment Television (Me-TV):

FAQ about Me-TV:   http://metvnetwork.com/faq.php

specifically the responses to these questions  -- 

• HOW CAN I MAKE A PROGRAMMING SUGGESTION?
  • HOW CAN I CONTACT MY LOCAL ME-TV AFFILIATE TO REPORT A PROBLEM?
  • HOW COME THE TIMES LISTED ON YOUR PROGRAM SCHEDULE DON'T MATCH UP WITH THE TIME ZONE THAT I LIVE IN?
  • WHY AM I SEEING A DIFFERENT PROGRAM THAN WHAT SHOULD BE ON RIGHT NOW?
  • WHY IS THERE A SPORTING EVENT, NEWS OR SOMETHING ELSE AIRING INSTEAD OF THE SCHEDULED PROGRAM?

If there are questions or concerns about Me-TV's programming and policies, here is their contact link from their website:

http://metvnetwork.com/contact.php

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 6 of 6
(2,151 Views)

The reason Verizon carries WSAH (now WZME) in the NYC area is simple.  They have to.  WZME is a broadcast station that has "must carry" status with many cable tv providers, including Verizon.  As to why Verizon doesn't carry a national version of Me TV, I don't know (I believe Time Warner has the national version).  Verizon likely doesn't see the Me TV programming as compelling enough to carry the same network on 2 channels, especially when it would be duplicated for over 12 hours a day, and the infomercials are on mostly late at night when most people are not watching TV anyway.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.