MJ Memorial Schedule Botch
drblubox
Enthusiast - Level 1

So glad I spend the money for a DVR capable of "scheduling" recordings.  This morning, I set my dvr to record my local CBS channel in the Philly area, every program from 12:00 - 5 to make SURE that I got the Michael Jackson memorial event.  To my surprise when I got home, Verizon must have pushed a channel guide update, I got left with 2.5 of 5 hours recorded.  From 12:30 - 3, the majority of the memorial I have nothing.

I am calling verizon tomorrow to ask for some kind of credit.  Looks like I will miss this once in a lifetime event, at least in its entirety.  I'll watch the edited, marketed, manufactured version in a rebroadcast if anyone is showing it, but I'm pretty ticked that Verizon couldn't figure out that most people would schedule a recording a day or two before something airs to compensate for this in their scheduling system.

Thanks for being there Verizon!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MJ Memorial Schedule Botch
drblubox
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon was able to help...sorry, I am a newb to this forum, was I off topic?  I thought this was about programming, I figured technical/channel guide included?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vpac1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set up my DVR to record the event under the option of manual recording from 1:00 thru 5:00 pm because TVGuide.com still had regular programming scheduled during that time.

EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Good luck with your credit... Verizon won't credit you anything it's not their fault. It could have been an error on your part too setting up the dvr to record the section. If they do credit you, then that's great! I hope they help you solve the problem.

{please keep it relevant}
Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 07-08-2009 01:34 PM
Message Edited by KaLin on 07-08-2009 02:02 PM
drblubox
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon was able to help...sorry, I am a newb to this forum, was I off topic?  I thought this was about programming, I figured technical/channel guide included?
0 Likes