Switch Account

MLB Extra Innings? When?

MLB Extra Innings? When?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 47
(15,515 Views)

Anyone know when we'll be able to order the MLB Extra Innings package?

46 REPLIES 46
Copper Contributor lensam
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 47
(15,493 Views)
That's a good question and at what cost? Did they have it last year? Also, will you get home and away feeds like with Directv?
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 3 of 47
(15,486 Views)
It doesn't start until March 31st, you guys are a little early!
Copper Contributor ransaldi
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 47
(15,400 Views)
It is never to early with Verizon.  They claimed to be adding the NBA channel and the League Pass in November and yet the season is over 60% complete with no sign of either.  The golf season is now a month in with no Golf HD (except in a few markets) although it is coming soon and someone posted it would be added at the end of February (even after some markets got the channel).  I figure the rest of us will see it sometime before the  Fed Ex Cup starts.  If I were interested in the Extra Innings I would ask now because if not we will be looking at these posts around the all star game asking when it will be turned on.  Verizon should just place it in the guide as "coming soon" since their definition of soon is up for debate.  Just my opinion as I continue to be a frustrated subscriber who would appreciate any type of communication about actual dates rather than telling us 4 months ago that channels are "coming soon".  Tell me you plan on adding a channel in March and I would be fine with it.  Using the "coming soon" as a crutch is weak.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 47
(15,192 Views)
Well based on Verizon's track record with NBA and NHL, we have to start lobbying early to keep them on goal for target dates.
Copper Contributor Yankeebabe
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 47
(14,914 Views)
I just want to know, if I'm going to be able to watch My Yankee games? That start the first week in April. I used to have Direct TV and was able to get MBL extra innings. I keep calling Verizon, and they can't give Me any info, just that it is coming. When is it coming? I'm just hopeing I didn't make the wrong move.
Contributor MetsAmazin
Contributor
Message 7 of 47
(14,733 Views)

you most definitely made the wrong move.  Verizon doesn't have any of the In Demand packages, because they don't have the rights yet. i've been reading this "coming soon" crap since last May....

I had DirecTV, Vonage and cable internet for MUCH cheaper.  Now i'm locked in, paying too much, watching Mets games online, for a year.  All so i can watch recorded programs in other rooms, which i rarely do anyway!

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 8 of 47
(14,724 Views)

@MetsAmazin wrote:

Verizon doesn't have any of the In Demand packages, because they don't have the rights yet. i've been reading this "coming soon" crap since last May....

Verizon has the rights to NHL Center Ice via inDemand. In fact, you can purchase CI right now. 

They also have the rights to MLB Extra Innings. 

PR Newswire

EI and CI share the same channels. 1474-1488.

Message Edited by Carl on 02-14-2009 11:08 AM
Message Edited by Carl on 02-14-2009 11:09 AM
Copper Contributor YankFanLA
Copper Contributor
Message 9 of 47
(14,359 Views)

Im getting a little scared. 

I just got the service, canned DirecTV and already am giving up YES.

When can we order MLB Extra Innings and what about YES network for us out here in Los Angeles? 

Contributor VinCal
Contributor
Message 10 of 47
(14,245 Views)
I'm concerned too. Can someone from Verizon please address our concerns. I don't want this going down to the last minute. We want our baseball.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.