Re: MLB Extra Innings? When?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

MLB EXTRA INNINGS PACKAGE

2009 MLB Extra Innings subscription sports package info is as follows:

Season package available to digital customers

Up to 80 out-of-market regular season MLB games per week, including many in HDTV

Includes MLB games played outside a subscriber’s local viewing area

MLB Regular season is April 6, 2009 - October 4, 2009

Pricing info:

$169 Early Bird Offer - March 2 through April 12

$199 Regular Season Offer - April 13 through July 12

$139 Half Season Offer - July 13 through September 6

Games will be shown on Verizon FiOS Channels:1474 - HD (STB & TV required) and 1475 to 1488 - SD

Free Previews

No obligation to customer. No need to order. Digital customers just need to tune in.

Early Bird: April 6 - 12, 2009

Half Season: July 16 - 22, 2009

Blackouts/Exclusions

Customers will be blacked out of their home team(s) games.. If a subscriber wants to watch ONLY their home team(s), then package should not be sold.

MLB EXTRA INNINGS does not include games on Saturday afternoons – FOX Sports has exclusive rights to all baseball games played on Saturday afternoons and will provide regional coverage of many of the day’s games.

MLB EXTRA INNINGS does not include games on Sunday nights – ESPN has national exclusive rights to all baseball games played on Sunday nights and will typically provide coverage of one game only.

All-Star events and playoffs are not included.

Blackouts will occur with games scheduled to begin before 7PM.

ESPN & FOX Sports Exclusivity Deal: ESPN has exclusive rights to broadcast MLB on Sunday nights. Blackouts occur in the evening after 5:00 PMeach Sunday night. · Fox Sports has exclusive rights to broadcast MLB on Saturdays.

0 Likes
Yankee_Fan
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Techman28 wrote:
Games will be shown on Verizon FiOS Channels:1474 - HD (STB & TV required) and 1475 to 1488 - SD

So only ONE game in HD at a time?  That sucks....now I regret leaving DirecTV 

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Yankee-

It's been mentioned many times here there is only ONE HD CHANNEL for MLB EI and NHL CI.

Today, there were 3 actual games on - but they were spread out (1pm, 4pm, 7pm).

You shouldn't act surprised.

0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1
Only 1 HD channel is the deal breaker for me.  I tried watching some of it last night, but I just cannot pay for an entire season of mostly SD content.  I can get enough HD baseball between MASN and ESPN.
0 Likes
BaseballFan

Hey Techman,

Seriously, 1 HD channel is very WEAK!  Especially for 2009, it's not a new technology here.  What are Verizon's plans to bring more HD games to the Extra Innings package?

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

BaseballFan-

Yell at InDemand, not Verizon. They are the ones that are only providing 1 HD channel.

0 Likes
MPILTZ

Such limited HD is a deal-breaker for me. I understand it's part of the terms with OnDemand but if I'm going to pay that much money, all of the available HD games ought to be broadcast through ExIn in HD. 

Unfortunately for Verizon, it makes more sense to subscribe to mlb.tv instead to get the games in HD. It's also month to month which makes it much easier to justify rather than paying $199 in one shot.

I'd be all over it if Verizon had more games in HD. As a fan of small market teams, I would expect the big markets would be the games generally in HD. No sale for me. 

0 Likes