MLB Extra Innings
PA917
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am watching the free preview of the MLB Extra Innings package and I noticed that none of the games are being broadcast in HD.  I have subscribed to this package in prior years through other carriers and many (but not all) of the games were provided in HD.

What is odd is that channels 1466 through 1474 are reserved for MLB Extra Innings broadcasts in HD but none of these channels are activated.  Only the SD channels (1475 through 1488) are being used.  My service area is suburban Philadelphia.

I am interesting in subscribing to MLB Extra Innings but I will not do so without the HD broadcasts being available to me.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: MLB Extra Innings
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There were comments on another thread that the channels are shared between MLB and NHL.

So as the NHL winds down, more channels should become available for MLB.

0 Likes
HubFlyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my experience the free previews (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc) are only offered on the SD feeds.  I have a hard time complaining about it since it is free.

0 Likes
PA917
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your input.  Yes, the referenced channels are shared between MLB and the NHL.  Unfortunately all of the NHL broadcasts are in SD only as well.  There are nine channels reserved for MLB and NHL broadcasts in HD but none of them are currently being used. 

It's nice that Verizon provides us with a free preview of MLB Extra Innings.  However, the preview should present exactly what I will be getting should I choose to subscribe.  I can't go on blind faith that after I officially subscribe the HD broadcasts will become available at some point in the future.

0 Likes