Enthusiast - Level 1

OK it is 7:33 and I'm on the channel where the game is but I get nothing

0 Likes
Re: MLS Direct Kick Package for 2010
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

gfoston,

Did you eventually get the game?

To anyone else who ordered the package: were you able to get the game Saturday?  Please post here so we can compile information.

This coming weekend, there are six games scheduled for Direct Kick, and Verizon is listing them all.

I have already cancelled my Direct Kick subscription, and went to the Match Day Live subscription.  I told Verizon I wasn't ordering Direct Kick again until I was sure there were games on.  For those that still have Direct Kick, the only way anything is going to get done is if you call and ask to speak with someone other than the front line people.  We need to speak with supervisors and find out which department actually is in charge of putting the programming on the TV.  For whatever reason, the games are now showing up in the TV guide but not being shown.  There seems to be someone screw up with the transmission.

I am going to prepare my letter to MLS.  I don't know if it will do anything, but we seem to be hitting a wall with Verizon.  I even contact InDemand, but they have never emailed me back.

I would ask those that have been affected by this to contact Verizon and see what they say and post here.

0 Likes
Flambake

I got the game and was able to watch it finally. Of course then the bummer was, having to listen to the broadcasters talk about how it was in HD, but I was seeing it in garbage SD. Of course, that was followed later on by switching over to FSC for the late MLS game also in HD but not for us on FIOS. But that's another thread Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Flambake

@MiMeQu wrote:

At least we have another avenue to watch the games, the MLS Match Day Live.  I hooked up my laptop to my TV and the picture was great.  As I stated before, it did freeze in some places.  If they can work this out, then it will be no different to me than watching it on Direct Kick.  If Verizon doesn't want my $79, I'll pay $40 instead to someone else, still watch it on my TV, and be fine.

I was thinking of trying this out, but the free trail is gone now. How was it?

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

flambake,

As of now, I have used it once, last weekend.  I am a former Columbus season ticket holder, so those are the games I mainly watch.  Overall, it is not bad, but it needs some work.  I read somewhere that the system got overwhelmed last week so that was part of the problem with the freezing.  I have 25/15 internet speed with Verizon, and for the most part, the feed was fine.  The picture came in very clear, except for parts where it buffered.  I had the picture freeze two or three times during the game.  I missed the second goal in the Columbus-Toronto game because the game froze for about four minutes.  I was not able to go back and watch the goal.  That part of the game was lost. 

Pros: You can watch the games whenever.  All the games are archived and you can go back and watch any game you missed.  You cannot watch games that were nationally televised for a few days, but eventually you can watch them.  Also, there is a game tracker feature and a message board feature where you can talk about the game as it happens.  Plus, it has a DVR like function on it.  You can rewind a portion of the game as it happens if you want to see something again and fast forward if you want.  Also, if you have a good laptop, you can hook it up to your TV and watch the game on your TV.  My laptop has an HDMI connection.  I simply hooked up the laptop to my TV and watched it just liked if I was watching it from Direct Kick.  Also, if they fix the buffering and freezing, it is $40 cheaper than Direct Kick.

Cons: It buffers and freezes at times.  Hopefully they will work the kinks out.  Also, if you don't have a way to hook it up to your TV or a bigger screen, you will be watching games on a computer screen, which I personally do not like.

Overall, it is not bad for $40, particularly if we still experience problems with Verizon for Direct Kick.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

gfoston,

When did the game finally come on and how much of it did you miss?  Did you have any other problems with watching the game?

For anyone else that reads this, if you subscribed to Direct Kick from Verizon, please let us know if you were able to watch the games or not.

I checked the channel while the game was on just to see if a screen would come up to order the Direct Kick Package.  It only showed an order screen for NBA League Pass.  So even while a game is on, there are still only references to the NBA Package.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Just wondering if anyone watched any of the games this past weekend on Direct Kick and whether you had any trouble seeing the games? 

0 Likes
gfoston
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never saw any games on Direct TV

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Direct TV?  Did you mean Verizon?  If you meant Verizon, have you not been able to see any of the games yet even though your ordered Direct Kick?

0 Likes