Re: MSG HD and MSG PLUS HD
NMS16

I wouldn't hold my breath. I am far from an expert on this matter, but the way I see it, unless there is suddenly a settlement between Cablevision and Verizon, or Cablevision and the FCC (which I highly doubt), I think we are going to have to wait for the Court of Appeals to issue its decision.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the fcc does seem a bit feckless and toothless on the issue, so I would wager you're probably right.

I hope I am surprised though

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FCC Briefings are done . Oral Arguments begin 2/14.

NMS16

According to the docket, oral arguments were held this morning. It is important to note that since this is an appellate case, there is no drawn out trial. The involved parties have all submitted their briefs and replies, and they are each given 20 minutes to argue their position in front of the three justices assigned to the case.

Now that this is done, the waiting game begins. It is possible that the court will release its decision within a week, month or year (or longer). I am hoping that it is sooner rather than later.  

0 Likes
skohly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

R u saying it was scheduled today or are u saying it was actually held?

0 Likes
NMS16

Based on the court's ECF website, it was scheduled for this morning and held this morning. The docket entry reads: 02/14/2011 - ORAL ARGUMENT HELD before Judges Rogers, Tatel and Griffith. [10-1062, 10-1088].

0 Likes
Bwayblue420
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sure a decision will not come down today, but I hope I am wrong. I am sure Cablevision will appeal to the US Supreme Court if they lose. It will then be up to the Supreme Court to decide if they even want to hear the case. I hope this won't continue to drag out, but I do not have a good feeling that it won't.

I am sure FIOS has channels 578-581 all ready to go for MS HD and MSG+HD. Let's hope this gets resolved sometime this season. If this goes into next season without MSG HD it will be time to dump FIOS.

0 Likes
SabresFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anybody know the ruling or outcome of yesterday FCC meeting?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
skohly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is impossible to understand. Don't look good

0 Likes