Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

MSG HD and MSG PLUS HD

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: MSG HD and MSG PLUS HD

Message 31 of 35
(2,609 Views)

I doubt it. Cablevision says they are "pleased" with the part of the ruling that requires the FCC to reconsider the idea that exclusive terrestrial programming contracts are categorically unfair. If the FCC rules on the program accress complaints, Cablevision will appeal the ruling. Whenever the FCC modifies it's regulation, Cablevision will challenge that. Cablevision seems to have every intent on holding this up in court for years.

Of course, at the end of their statement, they once again dismissively refer to Verizon and AT&T as "phone companies" like cable is still the way to go for video service in 2011. They are so arrogant, they continue to say "Verizon and AT&T should be required to compete based on the quality of their products and not by manipulating federal law". It's kind of unbelieveable that these clowns can take themsevelves seriously at this point.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 32 of 35
(2,547 Views)

Let's hope they rule on the general intent of opening up competition, instead of being led down the path of cable(and satellite) v "phone " companies, who are now really multimedia providers.

Of course, the Sabres could decide to get TWC to provide a local feed (rumor), instead of MSG, and then we FiOS subscribers will be stuck paying for Center Ice. Stuck, because I already get the online feed, which I use when out of town, and somehow they'll be on some remote regional sports feed (which again I'll have to pay for...it's the only sport I watch regularly).

Maybe we could convince CBC to cover us, then convince Verizon to pick up CBC/CFTO/CHCH as a local option.

Just thinking out loud......

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 33 of 35
(2,032 Views)

Now that it's hockey/basketball season again...any word on where we stand on HD MSG?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 34 of 35
(1,992 Views)

@mawillen wrote:

Now that it's hockey/basketball season again...any word on where we stand on HD MSG?

FCC ruled in Verizon/AT&T's favor, The Dolan's are still figuring out what they want to do (i.e. going to drag it out as long as possible). I believe they have until 10/22 to appeal (thought I read that in the AVS forum, I could be wrong).

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 35 of 35
(1,970 Views)
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.