Re: MSNBC HD on FiOS
MarvKirsch
Getting back to the Long Island situation.....What really annoys me is the fact that I was unable to get a simple answer to a simple question: WHEN WILL THE EXCLUSIVE MSNBC-CABLEVISION CONTACT EXPIRE?  Not so simple after all.  First Verizon said that Cablevision had the contract, but did not (or would not) tell me the expiration.  No problem, I called Cablevison.  "Are you kidding", they said, "We're not blocking anything, talk to Verizon".  Seeing the frustration level rising, I filed a complaint with the FCC against Cablevision.  Boy they reacted fast, I got a call from the Cablevision legal department.  Since I was not prepared for the call, the lawyers cut me to threads.  "Who at Verizon told you that Cablevision is blocking the staion from being broadcasted on Verizon" is all they wanted to know.  At least I was smart enough to not give out the name of the person I was talking too.  I felt like I was on trial.  To say that I got no satifaction from Cablevision is an understatement.  This goes back about 2 years, at this point.  I still don't know when the contract will end, I even heard that it was extended, but have no proof.  I would think that MSNBC would be smart enough to let the contract just end, so that Verizon could begin broadcasting it on Long Island.  At this point, I just give up.  While I would like MSNBC, I may not see it in my lifetime on FIOS.  I'm not going back to Cablevision!
0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
This is a classic case of, you can't always believe what you're being told. I would also like to see MSNBC HD carried by Verizon. If Verizon will not carry it, wouldn't it be nice to just get an honest answer as to why not!
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's already been stated that until MSNBC allows Verizon to show the channel in all areas, Verizon isn't interested at this time in it. I don't blame them either.
0 Likes