Me TV channel switch
GrouchoS
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of today, October 1, Me TV Network changed affiliations from WFMP in Lawrence (cable channel 23) to WCVB in Boston and according to the Me website it is supposed to available on channel 461 for Verizon.  No channel exists as of today and I called Verizon and as usual they had no idea what I was talking about.  Anybody out there know what is going on?

0 Likes
Re: Me TV channel switch
tns
Master - Level 2

Might not have been completed yet, or you may have reboot your STB/DVR to pick up the channel change.

0 Likes
oldmoose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Channel 461 is also not listed on the Verizon website of available channels once I've logged in to my verizon.com account.

0 Likes
PuppyDogPlace
Enthusiast - Level 3

ME-TV's website states that Verizon will be adding the channel on 461 "later this week...stay tuned" but NO ONE in Verizon knows anything about it.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@PuppyDogPlace wrote:

ME-TV's website states that Verizon will be adding the channel on 461 "later this week...stay tuned" but NO ONE in Verizon knows anything about it.

Only a few Verizon personnel are authorized to talk about unannounced informations.  So even if you reached someone who knew what is going on, they would probably not be authorized to say anything until its announced.  And the typical new channels (which this is because its not the same local provider as before) are not announced until they are up.

0 Likes
bobbos7
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of 10/4/12, channel 461 is still not up.

I'm trying to be patient, but would Verizon care to comment on why so many other Boston area cable providers

are already providing the WCVB/MeTV channel while Verizon lags behind? This channel affiliation

change was known well in advance of Oct. 1, and the technical work to make the changeover could

presumably have been better anticipated.

0 Likes
GrouchoS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I started this chain I tried to contact WCVB about it but they didn't even reply.  I guess for all of us who have been using Verizon FIOS a while the response or lack of should be of no surprise.  I remember earlier this year when they were going to a new channel guide screen it took a long time between the announcement and the actual implementation.  Whenever I called about it and asked when it would finally be implemented nobody ever seemed to know.  It is just so frustrating to deal with them even on the supposedly simplest of matters!

0 Likes
bobbos7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding Groucho. I believe you meant Verizon and not WCVB. This is my first

major complaint with Verizon FiOS after several years, but I know I've been lucky in that regard.

WCVB has a pretty good Me-TV Facebook page, and they have been open and communicative

about the overall changeover in that forum. I hope they start applying some pressure to Verizon

because the delay is probably costing them advertising revenue.

http://www.facebook.com/MeTVBoston

Bob

0 Likes
GrouchoS
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I meant WCVB as I went to their home page not their Facebook page but thanks for the idea on that.

0 Likes
PuppyDogPlace
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to someone at WCVB, and they thought it was already on.  I made several calls to Verizon and no one knew what I was talking about.  I kept getting forwarded from one rep to another.  After an hour, I abandoned hope.

Can someone from Verizon please respond here and let us know what the status is?