Missing Flyers games
kan

I signed up for Fios TV in August and was told at that time that I would be able to see all the Flyers games. I found out last night at the opening of the season that 8 of those games will not be broadcast by Verizon Fios. This is false advertising on there part. If I had known that I would be paying as much as I am a month for their services and would be missing 10% of the Flyer's season I would have stayed with Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Missing Flyers games
stevelogan1028
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club!  I even challenged the VZ chat rep about that stating that last year 4 games were on CN8/TCN only and the chat rep assured me that we'd be able to get all of the Flyers games on Fios. The phone rep was a bit more honest those in stating that TCN is not on the Fios platform, nor was it likely to be.

Make sure you add your complaint and request to the main thread for requested channels.   Someone in that thread posted a link to a Comcast page where Comcast says the channel is available for other carriers to carry - but obviously for a price. 

Luckily tonights game got bump back to CSN.

Until VZ understands that they're just going to lose Fios TV subscribers back to Comcast and sees the need to carry TSN - at least in the metro Philly area, there are a couple options you have (other than going out to a bar to watch the games on TSN)

1 - Call Comcast and order Limited Basic cable.  TCN in SD is in this package and the package is around $10-$12 per month (about $15 after taxes).  You can't order this online, and only some people have been able to order it over the phone - you may actually have to go into your local office to order it.  There's a $25 "reconnect" fee for former customers.

2 - www.hockeystreams.com - they're based in the Netherlands and stream to the U.S. out of Canada - thus avoiding the NHLs wrath.  You may not get Jim Jackson & crew for the TSN games, but most people on their forums feel the streaming is pretty decent.  The Fios internet should be able to easily handle the HD streaming.

3- find a friend with a Slingbox and watch the game from their TV.

0 Likes