quick menu

Missing HBO/Showtime with Extreme HD

Missing HBO/Showtime with Extreme HD

Contributor PuzzledInNY
Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(4,695 Views)
I've been a Verizon for over a decade and a FIOS customer for about two years now with Triple Play and the FIOS TV Extreme HD for the TV portion of my bundle. I found out that some time since I got FIOS that HBO, Showtime and some random other channels have since been added to Extreme HD channel lineup, but I don't have access to them, either on my STB or my CableCard. I only received HBO when I was given it until 9/30/13 as a complimentary loyalty offer, but HBO doesn't work through my CableCard for some reason either. However, when I called Tech Support about my missing channels, I was told that it would cost me around $20 a month extra to get channels that should be part of my bundle package. I know FIOS has some grandfathered in TV packages, but I see nothing on the website or my Account Services page that distinguishes my Extreme HD from the current Extreme HD TV package. If I check my channel line-up when logged in, it still shows those premium channels as included. Even having renewed my Triple Play with a new 2-year agreement didn't seem to update my Extreme HD to include those channels, even though the linked channel line-up on the renewal offer showed them. Am I crazy or should I be getting those channels without having to pay extra to buy those premium channel packages separately?
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 8
(4,614 Views)

@PuzzledInNY wrote:
I found out that some time since I got FIOS that HBO, Showtime and some random other channels have since been added to Extreme HD channel lineup

I have Extreme and don't have those channels. What is your source?

Perhaps you meant Ultimate:

http://www.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#channels

Could anyone verify this?

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 3 of 8
(4,596 Views)

As far as I have heard, HBO has not been added to extreme.

Some packages did get showtime.  Not sure if it was standard or a special offer.

Ultimate in NY does get all the movie packages.

Contributor PuzzledInNY
Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(4,574 Views)

tvlisting.png

I didn't screenshot all the HBO and Showtime channels, but I'm sure you get the drift. This is the channel line-up that I see through my Account. Unless "Included in TV bundle" means something else in legalese, I should be getting these channels, but I'm not.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 8
(4,495 Views)

Thanks for posting that from NY - - maybe Boston will get it added soon.

Contributor TarynRose
Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(3,908 Views)

what was your outcome because i am going through the same exact thing. Thank You

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 7 of 8
(3,903 Views)

What premium channels you get with what packages will vary from city to city. Where I am in Florida only the Ultimate package gets Showtime, Epix, and Cinemax. No HBO. Extreme gets none. I know some cities will have premium channels in the Extreme package because of more local competition which is a plus.

If you are supposed to get certain channels and arent, print out your package guide and keep on them until you get what you are supposed to get.

Contributor packman344
Contributor
Message 8 of 8
(3,280 Views)

I am having the exact same problem with Ultimate HD package.   The web site says the channels are included in the bundle and in a chat with Verizon they confirm it but they cannot fix it.  This has been going on for three months now.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios