Switch Account

Motorola QIP6416-2

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Motorola QIP6416-2

Message 1 of 5
(10,194 Views)
Does anyone know how we can connect a gaming console or DVD player to the Top Box?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Motorola QIP6416-2

Message 2 of 5
(10,169 Views)
Hook it up how, what part? Please explain more of what you are looking to do. 
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 5
(10,091 Views)
You should be hooking up a game console or DVD player to you TV not the STB.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(10,018 Views)
Unfortunately none of the inputs are activated on the 6416. This becomes a problem with an older tv that only has 1 or 2 input jacks because you have to unplug and plug in each time you want to play game or watch a dvd. I called verizon a few years ago asking the same question, they said it's not activated and proabably never will be. I ended up getting a new tv with more inputs, but there is another option. You can get a media box that you plug all your inputs into, then it connects to the tv.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(10,013 Views)

@Donkey97 wrote:
Unfortunately none of the inputs are activated on the 6416. This becomes a problem with an older tv that only has 1 or 2 input jacks because you have to unplug and plug in each time you want to play game or watch a dvd. I called verizon a few years ago asking the same question, they said it's not activated and proabably never will be. I ended up getting a new tv with more inputs, but there is another option. You can get a media box that you plug all your inputs into, then it connects to the tv.

A cable switcher is always a good option, you can find them cheap on ebay if you look around. I have a hdmi one and a optical one I got for around $20 each. Both are 3 way switches.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.