Multi-Room VOD?
JimKPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of the things that I didn't realize I would miss from Comcast is multi-room VOD. It's very annoying if I start watching something on Demand in one room and want to (or need to) finish watching it on another TV. Especially since the VOD fast forward (for those programs it actually works on) is MUCH slower than the DVR...

Maybe even update the bookmark feature to mark a place in the program to access from another box...

Any word on whether or not this might be a future item?

0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room VOD?
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@JimKPhilly wrote:

One of the things that I didn't realize I would miss from Comcast is multi-room VOD. It's very annoying if I start watching something on Demand in one room and want to (or need to) finish watching it on another TV. Especially since the VOD fast forward (for those programs it actually works on) is MUCH slower than the DVR...

Maybe even update the bookmark feature to mark a place in the program to access from another box...

Any word on whether or not this might be a future item?

JimKPhilly,

Your suggestion is not an unreasonable one.  Verizon is constantly working on improving the product.  I know you're going to say that is a canned response, but it's the truth.  You suggestion(s) and the suggestion(s) of all our customer are not only appreciated, but taken very seriously.  I can make sure that this suggestion goes through the proper channels so that we can make sure that if this isn't already being worked on that it does so sooner than later.

Thank you again for your idea!

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well Christian,

I have a suggestion. I made it to my friend at Verizon but nothing seems to have come of it. At least not yet. But I guess it doesnt hurt to keep trying.

If this is possible...

It would be nice to have a channel on the STB's (like channel 0 or something) in which each box can turn to and see exactly what the DVR has going. In this way, you could be watching a show, pause it, go to the next room and turn to channel 0, see the paused program and then resume play from the other room (additional stbs would need to be able to send the play/pause commands). This way you can move from room to room and keep the show in the exact spot that you left off on. I dont know if this is technically feasible or not. But it would definatly be a cool feature. (at least I think it would be)

Mark

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@spacedebris wrote:

Well Christian,

I have a suggestion. I made it to my friend at Verizon but nothing seems to have come of it. At least not yet. But I guess it doesnt hurt to keep trying.

If this is possible...

It would be nice to have a channel on the STB's (like channel 0 or something) in which each box can turn to and see exactly what the DVR has going. In this way, you could be watching a show, pause it, go to the next room and turn to channel 0, see the paused program and then resume play from the other room (additional stbs would need to be able to send the play/pause commands). This way you can move from room to room and keep the show in the exact spot that you left off on. I dont know if this is technically feasible or not. But it would definatly be a cool feature. (at least I think it would be)

Mark

spacedebris,

I'm not sure that exact implimentation would be possible, but the theory is good.  I'll forward this info along as well.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes