MundoMax channel - removed?
yanira_cm

Channel 15 MundoMax in VA - it now shows H&I instead of MundoMax, and when I go to the TV listing for the Preferred Package online, it displays H&I with the programming of MundoMax.  MundoMax is one of my preferred channels, will it be moved to a different channel?

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Re: MundoMax channel - removed?
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's actually a local broadcast channel in Northern VA. It's a sub channel of Channel 20. If the local broadcaster changed the programming on that channel, it's out of Verizon's hands. They simply retransmit what the broadcaster sends them.

Think of it as your favorite local radio station changing format. It happens frequently on local digital sub channels.

H&I refers to Heroes and Icons, a new digital sub channel being carried on local TV stations owned and operated by Fox. WDCA 20 is one such channel, and Washington DC was one of the markets to launch the channel.

0 Likes
yanira_cm

thank you jason, My knowledge about broadcasting and subchannels is trully none...do you know if there is a way to get the subchannel back?  I really miss mundomax 😞

Thank you!

0 Likes
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only way to get it back, is to convince one of your local TV stations to carry it.

0 Likes
Karicbba

We have the same issue in Maryland. We used to have MundoMax and now we have H&I which we do not really care about at all.  I have hard time understanding why Directv and Comcast users have MundoMax and verizon users cannot get it. We only have a handful of Spanish channels and not having access to the Spanish channels is really ashamed specially when other people in the same area have it (Comcast and Directv users).

I would like to know how verizon could really guide us to get the channel back. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated, MundoMax was replaced as a sub channel to WDCA.

So unless the other providers are caryying it sompleace else, they would have lost it the same time as Verizon did.

0 Likes
yanira_cm

jason,

Is there a way to retrieve the list of local TV stations/POC so people can contact them?  

Thank you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@yanira_cm wrote:

jason,

Is there a way to retrieve the list of local TV stations/POC so people can contact them?  

Thank you.

Google.

0 Likes
aguila2

The question is why COMCAST AND DIRECT TV still having the channel?

0 Likes
aguila2

Real a valid question, the latin community deserve the channel be restaured, Verizon could you try it?

0 Likes