Re: NASA TV - Channel Request
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@mreed732 wrote:

Looking at the previous threads going back several years, many have and continue to request NASA TV.  Come on Verizon, most other carriers (DirectTV & Dish, AT&T UVerse, Brighthouse, Time Warner, Cox, RCN) have this channel but we don't.  Please add NASA TV to the lineup.  Everyone, please vote yes in favor of this channel, and hopefully Verizon will listen to their customers!

Unfortunately I have given up on Verizon ever adding the NASA channel Smiley Frustrated.  Many phrases come to mind - It's like spitting the ocean and expecting the level to rise, carrying coals to Newcastle are 2  of the clean ones that could be posted.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly because it is available so many ways.

New smart TVs probably have the app, and other boxes (ROKU, APPLE TV, etc) can carry it to your TV as well.

Even though they may not have to pay for  the content, there is a cost. Connectivity to get and distribute it as well as taking up a valuable channel.

Can't say that I have ever heard anyone say if FIOS doesn't get NASA, I am leaving.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

Possibly because it is available so many ways.

New smart TVs probably have the app, and other boxes (ROKU, APPLE TV, etc) can carry it to your TV as well.

Even though they may not have to pay for  the content, there is a cost. Connectivity to get and distribute it as well as taking up a valuable channel.

Can't say that I have ever heard anyone say if FIOS doesn't get NASA, I am leaving.

ITs been said.  Some people have said if the new yule log channel is not up in HD they are going to leave.Smiley Very Happy  Even some who want the missing Byran Allen channel added.

0 Likes
Charlene50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never had this problem with Comcast!  This is a free TV channel, like PBS.  Why don"t we/verizon have access to NASA TV?

jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree.  It is time for FIOS to have the NASA programming.  

philhu
Contributor - Level 2

FYI, NASA channels are available on Roku boxes, as well as quite a few others FIOS ignores.

About it taking up 'valuable' space on FIOS, we were told years ago at launch that they had 'unlimited space' and only thing holding all channel adduitions back was a bad channel map design.

Well, if that has been fixed, they have had 5+ years to do so, then there should be almost no cost to add a free channels to the service.l

The worst part is no response from FIOS on this for over *5* years.  How are you supposed to trust a provider that treats you like a number?

0 Likes
sjh7721
Enthusiast - Level 1

+1 for NASA TV request. I haven't seen this channel since I was very young and used to just watch the various space feeds, so cool!Robot Happy

Flyfish2

Comcast carries NASA tv in Ocean City,Maryland 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes