Contributor - Level 2

They should put it on

NASA channel is a FREE channel, so all it would cost them is bandwith

If need be, replace cspan3  🙂

0 Likes
Re: NASA TV
RedStar
Enthusiast - Level 1

It should be a "no brainer" that Verizon include this channel.  I think that despite years of internet discussion about it Verizon still has not heard us.

Yesterday I called the best number I could find to request it - Customer Service.  The rep said they had no way to document the request and offered to transfer me to Tech Support.  I waited on hold for 20 min before I had to hang up.

Thanks to the Techman for his interest and effort to get this done. 

0 Likes
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1

I doubt it'd be free to Verizon, we'd have to write a pretty big check to NASA , but i bet it'd still be free to you!

Hope we can get it, TechMan, count my Vote!

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

The NASA TV Public and Educational channels are "free-to-air," meaning your cable or satellite service provider can carry them at no cost. Contact your local cable or satellite service provider about carrying NASA TV.

NASA TV's Public, Education and Media channels are available on an MPEG-2 digital C-band signal via satellite on AMC 6, Transponder 17C in continental North America. In Alaska and Hawaii, they're available on AMC 7, Transponder 18C. Analog NASA TV is no longer available.

Also I the NASA TV site has the info to view in HD so we shall see.

0 Likes
elizar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any update on this?

0 Likes
BOBBYJ

How do I add my vote to the NASA list?

0 Likes
tim1miner

TIM MINER  WASHINGTON

{edited for privacy} 

HOW DO I TALK OR CONTACT THE PROPER FOLKS AT VERIZON RE: NASA TV?  DO YOU HAVE A NAME?

Message Edited by KaLin on 02-09-2009 01:56 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I have received many replies and have presented many Tickets to have this channel in our lineup in both Standard as well as HD..... I haven't been told as to when or if it will be added.
0 Likes
Ubertrout
Just wanted to say thank you to Techman for fighting for this.  I very much hope we can get NASA tv.
0 Likes