Re: NASA TV
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Yeah, then we could have saw today's satellite fall in the water. What a waste. 9 years and $280 million dollars and it fell 3 minutes after take off. Good thing no one was aboard. They still can't get it right after all these years.
0 Likes
goldfinger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Techman28,

I sent you a private message with requested info.  I’m not sure what you mean by “create some tickets”.  Have you found some mechanism by which to gain Verizon’s attention?  I have tried calling them and was told that there is no way to submit comments or suggestions.  Maybe they read their forums?  That would be cool.

I switched from Dish last year thinking Verizon would soon add NASA TV.  They are new to this TV stuff.

I really miss this channel.  I may have to turn Dish back on for a month to see STS-125.  Aghhh!

Thanks for your efforts,
goldfinger

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@goldfinger wrote:

Techman28,

I sent you a private message with requested info.  I’m not sure what you mean by “create some tickets”.  Have you found some mechanism by which to gain Verizon’s attention?  I have tried calling them and was told that there is no way to submit comments or suggestions.  Maybe they read their forums?  That would be cool.

I switched from Dish last year thinking Verizon would soon add NASA TV.  They are new to this TV stuff.

I really miss this channel.  I may have to turn Dish back on for a month to see STS-125.  Aghhh!

Thanks for your efforts,
goldfinger

My wife does pay DTV $20 a month for one channel from Peru. SurPeru DTV exclusive. I would rather go from 20/5 to 20/20 for the extra $20. Rather bites. Getting a little off topic with the Peru stuff. Shame the new launch didn't take out one DTV sat. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by prisaz on 03-03-2009 08:45 PM
0 Likes
Ubertrout

@goldfinger, I'm pretty sure techman already works for Verizon.  What he's saying is that he'll create internal request tickets and present them to management.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Ubertrout wrote:

@goldfinger, I'm pretty sure techman already works for Verizon.  What he's saying is that he'll create internal request tickets and present them to management.

Most definitely Techman28 works for Verizon. He does an excellent job helping users get stubborn problems fixed, he went above and beyond to help me several months ago with an issue.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jgold50 wrote:

I too would like nasa comedy central hd and much more but you are wasting your time and breath. Verizon is counting its pennies and cutting cost and raising prices. I am in NY and I dont recieve the channels they get in the city due to being in the Cablevision footprint. They will not give you those channels until they are able to launch HD extreme in the NY area which will give them a higher priced package. Now they are just trying to be competitive with tw and cablevision.

Dont look for more content or a more functional IMG.

Fios is the phone company and it is what it is. Its a dinosaur!

What? I didn't think dinosaurs had fiber optics. Every company must be competitive. If they were not trying to improve they would not be rolling out 1.6.2. I went from Premier to Extreme and my package decreased $5 a month. Verizon is not the big bad ma bell. I know the above post was a bit old, but I had to throw in my 2c. 
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-06-2009 09:07 AM
0 Likes
Sailbourne

Techman28, are you still looking for info from folks who want NASA TV?

It's the one channel we regret losing when we moved off Dish.  Would be great to get it back, and truly awesome if we could get it HD.

0 Likes
bayerj

I sent you a private msg with requested info.  Though I may have not put my state (TX) in the msg.

Sign me up!!!

0 Likes
Noam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any word on when Verizon will give us NASA TV?

0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2
Count me in among those interested. From NYC
0 Likes