Re: NASA TV
utilityman

Lack of Nasa-TV is one of the main reasons I haven't switched to Fios yet.  Currently an E* customer, but I am having trouble upgrading to HD with them due to the trees in my yard, so I might be forced to switch to VZ and lose my Nasa TV.   

Who do we need to talk to to get this added?  Adding as a national channel would be great, but maybe we would have better luck getting it added as a local interest channel?  How do we find contacts for local programming? 

0 Likes
Thermos
Please add me to the NASA TV want list...PM on the way.
0 Likes
JohnAGonzalez

Verizon used to have NASA TV on their lineup when I first had FIOS.  Apparently it was dropped when NASA dropped the analog signal.  NASA only broadcasts a digital signal now.

What I am wondering is why Verizon has not got on the ball and added this to their channel lineup.  I would rather have this channel in my lineup instead of some of the other bilge-ridden channels that polute the TV landscape.

Verizon, please restore NASA TV to the FIOS lineup!  Thanks.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JohnAGonzalez wrote:

Verizon used to have NASA TV on their lineup when I first had FIOS.  Apparently it was dropped when NASA dropped the analog signal.  NASA only broadcasts a digital signal now.

What I am wondering is why Verizon has not got on the ball and added this to their channel lineup.  I would rather have this channel in my lineup instead of some of the other bilge-ridden channels that polute the TV landscape.

Verizon, please restore NASA TV to the FIOS lineup!  Thanks.

You may have had it where you are located, but I have never had it here, and I got FiOS TV the week after it was first introduced (Sept. 2005). Now, you may have received it via one of the PEG channels, I know that in some areas of the country that it was (maybe still is) available that way. What channel did you receive it on? If somewhere in the 0013 to 0048 range then it was almost certainly a PEG, and what they show is not up to Verizon, it is up to the local government, school district, etc, whoever the channel belongs to.

And yes, most definitely, I also would like to see the NASA channel on FiOS, especially the HD version. 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Chrismc74
McNaught / NY  NASA TV Please! 🙂
0 Likes
Mungo

I have been a long time Dish SD customer just because they have NASA TV. I brought a HD TV last year and have been waiting

for FIOS to get NASA so I can sign up for FIOS TV. I already have FIOS internet and phone. I know Techman has been doing

all he can and I also have emailed and called many times. Whenever I get a FIOS sales call, I tell them I'll sign up for full package if they get NASA.  I do not understand why Verizon will not pick it up. It is free, all they need to do is pick it off the satellite. I am getting tired of waiting to use my HD TV. So my only option is to upgrade my Dish to HD and commit for another 2 years. Too bad, I really did want FIOS

0 Likes
Xourque
Enthusiast - Level 1

BUMP!

We want NASA TV in HD here in Portland Oregon! PLEASE!

0 Likes
guidotheguide

looking forward to seeing the nasa channel on my tv

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Xourque wrote:

BUMP!

We want NASA TV in HD here in Portland Oregon! PLEASE!

Me too.

Perhaps I could drive over to Goddard faster. It is in Maryland.

Here is NASA from FIOS.

http://www.nasa.gov/

I forgot the link.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-18-2009 08:39 PM
0 Likes
bill02888

If FiOS had NASA-TV (or NASA-TV HD) I would have quickly switched from Cox to FiOS when the nice lady came through my neighborhood last week. FiOS didn't; I didn't.

Bill

0 Likes