NASA channel
Old_Lutheran
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've asked Verizon if they are going to be getting the NASA channel on Fios TV but nobody could tell me one way or the other. Has anybody heard anything about that possiblity?
0 Likes
Re: NASA channel
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
There have been a lot of requests, but no positive response yet from Verizon. I understand it is an excellent channel. I get some of the content, on my PC from the NASA web site.
0 Likes
trlightning
Have you checked your local channels? Where I am located Channel 34 is the NASA Channel, although the guide states "Local Programming"
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

trlightning,

You hit the nail on the head - "Local Programming". In some areas of the country a local group has decided to use one of the local PEG "cable"channels to broadcast the NASA channel, and Verizon just picks it up, along with city, school, county, etc channels. In many areas of the country no local PEG channel does that. You are just lucky, in my area nobody does, so all I have access to is whatever HDNet chooses to broadcast.

Along with many others, I am hoping Verizon will decide to pick up the NASA channel directly themselves so we all can see it.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

goldfinger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from Dish Network to Fios TV.  This is my first HD service so I can't make a far comparison, but the first thing I noticed is no NASA channel.  Whats up with that?  I just figured a high end service like Fios would have the NASA channel.  I like to watch NASA when there is a luanch or a space walk going on.  They have some other pretty good shows as well.

I really hope Verizon can see the wisdom of adding this great and free channel to their line up.

0 Likes