quick menu

NBA on TNT not available

NBA on TNT not available

Contributor sbrawler
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(191 Views)

TNT has a doubleheader tonight. After the first game finished, I got a weird message. 

I’m confused. Isn’t showing this on TNT a league contractual obligation? DC35460B-6E6B-482C-94F8-F0A86CDEEA2C.png

2 REPLIES
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 2 of 3
(161 Views)

It may have been blocked because of local sports contracts.

Not sure of the game or your location to know if that could be the issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor GMJohnson
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(139 Views)

Same thing happened to me in DC area. This is clearly a mistake on Verizon's part, as NBA games on TNT and ESPN are never blacked out. The only blackouts are on NBATV, when that game is also being broadcast by the local sports channel, in my case NBCSports Washington (formerly CSNMA).

I would love an explanation (and apology) from someone at Verizon. I called support and was told that because this blackout happened in the past, there's nothing they can do about it. Surely there is some technical log that shows this message screen being activated at 10:30 EST last night for TNT. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios