NBCSN HD channel not showing in HD
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday, I noticed NBCSN 590 was not broadcasting in HD.  Is this a problem with Verizon or the network?

0 Likes
Re: NBCSN HD channel not showing in HD
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What were you seeing?

Was it live or current content or was it possibly an older show that was not available in HD?

I see HD signal.

0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is regular programming.  I've noticed some commericals are not showing in HD.  I just checked my other HD TV and the channel is showing in HD.  

0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are black bars on the sides of the picture; the picture is distorted, truncated.  

CNBC HD is experiencing the same issue.  MSNBC HD is broadcasting okay.  I've been checking other HD channels and haven't found any other issues.  Odd that it is just these two channels.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just the one TV?

Is it the same type of box on each TV?

Have you tried swapping boxes to see if problem follows box or TV?

0 Likes
MattPete

I'm having a similar issue. It's not that it's in HD (NBCSN 590), but that it is squished horzontally.  I have to press the # on the remote and select "Size Wide 2" to get a normally proportioned picture that fits the entire screen.  

I compared channel 590 (HD) vs 90 (low-def), and 590 is definitely coming in HD, but squished.  I tried other TVs and cable boxes, and I'm getting the same squishing on 590 throughout the house.  The other HD channels that I checked seem to be fine.

0 Likes
United99

It just happened to me this morning in the middle of the Chelsea game. My recording shows the screen image "shrinking" right before halftime. I have to select "Size Wide Zoom" to get a proportional image.

0 Likes
andysamb4

Had the same problem this morning. Chelsea game switched to 4:3. Spoke to support, they said programme being transmitted in SD.

Called support later they then said it was my TVs fault and they couldn't fix it. Clearly this is rubbish as other HD channels (other than CNBC are fine). Similar issues on 602 etc and 590.

Supposed to be getting a call back from support.

Decent tip to solve the immediate problem was to press the # button 3 times to stretch the picture appropriately.

0 Likes
foggypeake

I had the same issue this morning in the middle of the live broadcast of the Belgian Grand Prix. I did nothing. Was watching, all was fine, and then in the middle of the broadcast the screen was letterboxing like it was in SD. I noticed this a few days ago on CNBC when flipping through channels. Not my TV, all other channels are fine. Either Verizon or NBC. It's same on all TVs. 

0 Likes
ckrusen

No, it's not an old SD broadcast, or my TV.

The video is clipped on both sides.  Only half the NBCSN logo is visible.

Some commercials - looks like the local ones our cable co inserts - show in full screen.

0 Likes