Switch Account

NECN gone? (1st the weather channel and now this)

NECN gone? (1st the weather channel and now this)

Highlighted
Contributor stevarino
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(2,775 Views)

First The Weather Channel was replaced with something of lessor value and now NECN is gone.  The HD channel has dissapeared (615) and the SD channel (115) is now Newsmax((??not even close to comparable for new englanders).  Contemplating cancelling my contract as programming has changed with replacements of lessor value to the consumer.  I was asked today, on the phone with Verizon, (btw..unaware of NECN - no answers) to re-up my contract but will not do so.  Why?  Don't know what other surprises in store for consumers.  This is not a good sign in my opinion.  This was such a great service too.  Can't keep cutting back progamming expecting consumers to pay the same price.  That's not how one does business on any level.  Very, very dissapointed.  Can;t expect people to contract for 2 years then change programming on them.. Especially if there are stations that are relied upon.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 4
(2,751 Views)

Sounds like a regional decision. Never had NECN here, just NESN on ch. 97.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(2,720 Views)

Reports on dslreports.com forums says it was moved to channel 513. Supposedly there was a crawl to alert viewrs to that fact.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(2,685 Views)

Verizon sent a message to fios users via the message selection on the main menu.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.